• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Any update on Safari support with N360 v3?

Is there anything new happening with Safari support with 360 v3? Or will we have to wait until V4 is released? I came here back when V3 found it's way to my computer (Feb-March ish), and read some posts on the topic then. My search shows no real activity since then, so I thought I'd just come out and ask. Thanks for any informative comments.

<<Edit subject edited for clarity>>

Message Edited by JerryM on 10-23-2009 09:17 AM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Any update on Safari support with N360 v3?

Is there anything new happening with Safari support with 360 v3? Or will we have to wait until V4 is released? I came here back when V3 found it's way to my computer (Feb-March ish), and read some posts on the topic then. My search shows no real activity since then, so I thought I'd just come out and ask. Thanks for any informative comments.

Accepted Solution
Kudos2

ericpd wrote:

Hi ericpd,

Thanks for returning to the forums. Sorry, but there has not, as yet, been any update/announcement on either Safari support or the next release of Norton 360.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

Thanks md for your resonse. I reluctantly figured as much. Sad! I'm really beginning to favor Safari over Firefox and IE8,... but I feel like I've been with Norton so long I feel a little naked riding a browser without it. Some have said that Safari does silently in the background much of what 360 would offers as an add-on to IE and FF. Not sure if that's true.

Again,... thanks for the reply

Kudos0

ericpd wrote:

Thanks md for your resonse. I reluctantly figured as much. Sad! I'm really beginning to favor Safari over Firefox and IE8,... but I feel like I've been with Norton so long I feel a little naked riding a browser without it. Some have said that Safari does silently in the background much of what 360 would offers as an add-on to IE and FF. Not sure if that's true.

Again,... thanks for the reply

Hi ericpd,

No problem. Safari is becoming more and more popular (but still has a small market share) so, hopefully, support for it will be just around the corner.

If your question has been answered to your satisfaction then please mark the message that you believe contained the solution to your issue by using the green button beside it. This will mark the thread as Solved and others will know that it has been answered and can see the solution.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

You got it! I think what I missed most visibly are the ID cards. Sign in once and all the sites from that point on where I need to log in is handled quite nicely by Norton. Whenever I go for a ride with Safari, I end up scratching my head in an effort to improve my long term memory. I know safari has an onboard password manager of sorts, but I understand onboard ID managers aren't very secure. So 360 allows me to stay away from them AND that 'remember me on this computer' button many longin engines have. This evening when I'll have some time on my hands, I'll sit down and see if at least I can use that portion on 360 with safari without the 360 toolbar.

Again,... thanks md!!

Kudos0

My pleasure. Come back here if you get any issues you need answers to or assistance with.

Thanks

md

Replies are locked for this thread.