• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Can I block a top-level domain, like .info, in NIS2011?

Is there a way to block emails ending in .info or any other top level domain name in NIS2011?

Help for NIS2011 says the minimum character length of an invalid email address or domain name

must be 10 characters in the Blocked List.

I can't use my Outlook Express 6 because it will only block what is after the @ in the email address.

I know Outlook 2010 can block only top level domain names, but I don't have it.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can I block a top-level domain, like .info, in NIS2011?

Is there a way to block emails ending in .info or any other top level domain name in NIS2011?

Help for NIS2011 says the minimum character length of an invalid email address or domain name

must be 10 characters in the Blocked List.

I can't use my Outlook Express 6 because it will only block what is after the @ in the email address.

I know Outlook 2010 can block only top level domain names, but I don't have it.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Hi Jenu,

Welcome to the Norton Community. What is your version of NIS 2011 from Support > About? What OS and SP do you have and is it 32 or 64 bit?

You can enter a domain but I believe you need a fully qualified domain name (such as symantec.com). Please see image below.

Hope this helps and please let us know if you need further clarification or have more questions.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3

32 bit

NIS 2011   Version: 18.1.0.37

It appears that I'm limited by the 10 character domain limit in the Blocked List.

I just wasn't sure that there was any other way of blocking.

Thanks.

Kudos0

Hi Jenu,

10 characters is the minimum not the maximum.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32

Replies are locked for this thread.