• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Ghost 14.0 - How to reinstall files, with no set points

Hello all: I have Vista Home Premium and the O/S was corrupt on my HP desktop. So I added a 1T external drive and used Ghost 14.0 to make a backup of the files to this drive. Then Used HP's  system recovery disks that were made when the computer was new a couple of years ago. Now when I try and use Ghost to restore these files, I can't because it can not find a recovery point. The recovery point was lost when I used the original HP system disks, they restored the hard drive to originally received condition. How do I reload these files from my external HD? Thanks, Don

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Ghost 14.0 - How to reinstall files, with no set points

Welcome to the Norton Community

Use recovery point browser and point it to the external drive.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

Re: Ghost 14.0 - How to reinstall files, with no set points

Hello: Thanks so much for the help, it worked and now have the old files back and configuration back. I was getting concerned, last night had a chat session with a Norton analyst, and he said there was no way to recover the files. Now I have to find a way to save the files before I reformat with the HP system recovery. I tried to make a image copy of C drive with Norton Ghost but it would not. I have backed up the files to my external hard drive with Ghost but can't find the way to be able to recover these files. Will keep trying before I again wipe out the hard drive again. Thanks again, Don

Replies are locked for this thread.