• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

How to configure 360 for full system backup to external HDD ?

How do I  configure 360 to backup my entire system ? 

I selected the C and D folders under My Computer and the backup ran, but it only took less than a minute and only seems to have stored 61MB of data on the external HDD.  My C drive has approx 10GB of data, programs and system files and the D Recovery Drive has approx 2GB of data.

Neither the help or support function within 360 seem to work.

Bill

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How to configure 360 for full system backup to external HDD ?

How do I  configure 360 to backup my entire system ? 

I selected the C and D folders under My Computer and the backup ran, but it only took less than a minute and only seems to have stored 61MB of data on the external HDD.  My C drive has approx 10GB of data, programs and system files and the D Recovery Drive has approx 2GB of data.

Neither the help or support function within 360 seem to work.

Bill

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Norton 360 won't backup the programs and windows/system files from your C:\drive. Norton 360 will backup only data files. If you want, you can try selecting individual files/folders from C:\drive to the Other Category in Backup settings and then run backup.

Kudos0

WOW ..... what a Bummer !

That's not a very robust backup solution.  I wish I knew that before I bought 360.  I think I have an old MAXTOR backup CD that I will try and disable 360 backup.

BTW .... is there a way to disable the 360  backup so that it doesn't show the red check mark ?

Thanks for your help.

Bill

Kudos0

The feature of storing the whole program files and system files is available in Norton Ghost, you can use the Ghost image for restoring. In Norton 360, only data files can be backedup and restored. You can try the following steps to disable backup:

1. In the Norton 360 main window, click Settings.
2. In the Settings window, under Quick Controls, uncheck Backup.

Kudos0

Unfortunately unchecking  backup in the Quick Controls does not disable backup with my Version 2.0.  I plan to ditch 360 and go to NIS 2010.  I'll use my Maxtor One Touch software for back up.  Shame that I spent $39.95 for nothing.  Maybe Staples will give me a credit towards NIS 2010 ???

Thanks for your quick response.

Bill

Replies are locked for this thread.