I am having problems connecting to the internet. Need to disable Norton 360 firewall to rule out that as a problem.
Everytime I try to open 360 it will not open. Is there another way of disabling the firewall?
Welcome to Norton Community!
Before trying uninstall/reinstall, I would suggest to try the solution mentioned in the following Symantec Support Article:
Restart the computer and check whether you can open your Norton product. For the Internet connectivity problem, you can try to flush your DNS and resetting the winsock.
1. Click Start > Run, type ipconfig /flushdns and click OK.
2. Click Start > Run, type cmd and click OK.
3. in the command prompt, type the following and press Enter after each line:
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt [Enter]netsh winsock reset [Enter]
What version of 360 do you use?
And by the way if it is not opening when you run it from the start menu/desktop icon or from the system tray, then it has some kinda internal error.
These times it is advised to reinstall it.
Here are the steps for the reinstall:
0. Back-up your Identity Safe settings
1. Download Norton Removal Tool (www.norton.com/nrt) and the latest Norton 360 version (www.norton.com/n360s_4 /Standard/ or www.norton.com/n360p_4 /Premium/)2. Uninstall Norton 360 via Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs3. Reboot4. Run the Norton Removal Tool 2-3 times to erase all the remaining files and registry keys (This will remove every other Norton products as well!!!!), reboot after every run.5. Reboot6. Install Norton 360 by the downloaded setup package, and activate it with your product key7. Run Live Update manually until you get no other updates
8. Restore your Identity Safe data
Let us know the results.
ps: to turn off firewall just right click on the tray icon, and there is an option to turn off firewall