• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

I cannot enter the product key for my Norton 360

I can't enter my product key for my Norton 360. My old Norton 360 is expired and "my account" section on the Norton 360 main window is grayed out, so I can;t enter my product key into it. Can someone explain to me what to do now.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: I cannot enter the product key for my Norton 360

I can't enter my product key for my Norton 360. My old Norton 360 is expired and "my account" section on the Norton 360 main window is grayed out, so I can;t enter my product key into it. Can someone explain to me what to do now.
Kudos0

Change your system date back to 20 days, restart the computer and then try to enter the product key. Sometimes, this will do the trick! Otherwise, you may need to uninstall and reinstall.

Kudos0

How do I set my system data back to 20 days. I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the new cd, but it still goes back to the old one that is expired. I can't enter my new product key since my account thing is grayed out.
Kudos0

Change your system date:
1. On the Windows taskbar, right-click the clock, and then click Adjust Date/Time.
2. Set the date back to 10 days.
3. Click Apply, and then click OK.

4. Restart the computer.

Re-activate Norton 360:
1. Start Norton 360.
2. Click Help & Support > Support.
3. Click Activation.
4. Click Next and enter the Product Key(The same Product Key from Norton Account).
5. Click Next and then click Finish.
6. Re-set the System date to current one and run LiveUpdate again. Check for the problem.

If the problem persists, you may need to uninstall the Norton 360 2.0 using the Norton removal tool and reinstall Norton 360 2.0.

1. Go to this LINK and follow the instructions for uninstall. Run Norton removal tool multiple times(2-3 times) to make sure that all components are completely uninstalled.

2. Then download a Trialware of Norton 360 2.0 from this Symantec Web Page. You can install and activate it using the same product key. Run LiveUpdate repeatedly until you see the message that no more updates are available.

Kudos0

I have the same problem as campsoup1988 in this post.

http://community.norton.com/norton/board/message?board.id=Norton_360&message.id=1385&query.id=453159#M1385

edit: I have Norton 1.0

Message Edited by unknown1980 on 12-30-2008 10:51 AMMessage Edited by unknown1980 on 12-30-2008 10:53 AM
Kudos2

Please go ahead with uninstalling and installing Norton 360 2.0 as I posted earlier. You can activate Norton 360 2.0 using the product key of Norton 360 1.0. Norton 360 2.0 is much more advanced.
Kudos0

If i get the Norton 360 2.0 is there any way of going back to 1.0 since 2.0 slows down my computer a lot when I upgraded it a few months ago, which led me to uninstall it to get back to 1.0
Kudos0

Sure, you can downgrade to Norton 360 1.0. Between, just need to know whether you used Norton removal tool when you upgraded to Norton 360 2.0 earlier? Sometimes, the system slow down during upgrade can happen due to remnants of previous version.
Kudos0

How do I downgrade myself back to Norton 360 1.0 since the 2.0 worked. How do I downgrade it back to 1.0 without losing the subscription.
Kudos0

First, be patient and follow the steps to upgrade as suggested. If you face the issue, please post back in this same thread and we will help you further. Better, not to guess of the results without performing the instructions. Let us know the results after upgrade.

Replies are locked for this thread.