• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

NIS 2011 "system status at risk" settings

I just downloaded and installed NIS 2011 running on Win7; so far so good.

On NIS 2010 when I disabled an unwanted function--such as identity safe--I was able to set it to ignore the "error" of having it disabled. I can't see how to do that on 2011; it's annoying to have the "fix now" indication when I don't want to fix. It also means that if there is something else to fix--something that I would want--I can't run that function without changing settings against my wish.

Advice?

Thanks

m

Replies

Kudos2

Re: NIS 2011 "system status at risk" settings

Hover your mouse pointer over the item name on the main UI which you wish to ignore and a small fly-out box will appear where you can select to "Ignore" that warning.

Windows 7 SP1 32bit - NSBU - 22.1.0.9
Kudos0

when NIS main window is open, then move with the mouse over "AntiVirus" or "AntiSpyware" and so on, then for each function a small window opens and there is "Ignore" hidden.

Cheers, Jo Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Kudos0

OK, I see that. But there is no ignore for identity safe.

Kudos1

max221 wrote:

OK, I see that. But there is no ignore for identity safe.

Hi max221

Identity Safe would not give you a warning if it was turned off

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos1

You shouldn't be getting a "Fix Now" indication if you only disable Identity Safe - at least I don't get one. Is anything else disabled?

Windows 7 SP1 32bit - NSBU - 22.1.0.9
Kudos0

It has changed from "at risk" to "needs attention"; equally annoying.

I believe this is the list of things I changed from default:

Outgoing email scan OFF

Antispam OFF

IM scan OFF

Browser protect OFF

Identity safe OFF

Safe surfing OFF

Autodownload new version OFF

Performance monitoring OFF

Special offer notifcation OFF

m

Kudos0

Hello max221,

What happens when you click "Fix Now"?

Identity Safe doesn't change the security state of the product. Those things that are turned on after you click "fix now" are the things that you need to "ignore". If one of them can't be ignored, please let us know!

Kudos0

Hi max221,

You could click Fix Now which will then show you what component it is resetting.  I believe only the major protection features will generate an At RIsk warning when disabled.  The "Needs Attention" alert probably indicates something is not working correctly, rather than just being turned off.  You should certainly run Fix Now in this situation to resolve whatever issue this could be signaling.

Kudos0

OK--figured it out (at last). The fix now function never showed exactly what it was fixing; but by the process of elimination I found that what it objected to was my setting to not scan outgoing email. Once I knew that, I was able to use the ignore setting on the main panel. Thanks for your help--I only wish I could have found the answer in the help file!

m

Replies are locked for this thread.