• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 backup problem!

This problem has occurred ever since i have bought my product.  It is irritating the snot out of me.  I have had nothing but problems with the backup feature of norton 360.

I am running vista 64 bit on vista.

I have my backup set to automatic, and my documents and c drive.  On my c drive is the location.  No matter when I put the schedule(automatic, weekly, manual) it tells me the backup has not been completed.  I have ran my backup over 1000000000 times and it still has a red x on the norton logo, telling me to run my backup.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and that helps until i have to restart my computer, or when i run my backup again, then the red x is back telling me to run my backup.  I have ran my bacup at least 10 times today and it says completed but the red x is still there,

Is there a way to fix this problem asap?

Thanks 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 backup problem!

This problem has occurred ever since i have bought my product.  It is irritating the snot out of me.  I have had nothing but problems with the backup feature of norton 360.

I am running vista 64 bit on vista.

I have my backup set to automatic, and my documents and c drive.  On my c drive is the location.  No matter when I put the schedule(automatic, weekly, manual) it tells me the backup has not been completed.  I have ran my backup over 1000000000 times and it still has a red x on the norton logo, telling me to run my backup.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and that helps until i have to restart my computer, or when i run my backup again, then the red x is back telling me to run my backup.  I have ran my bacup at least 10 times today and it says completed but the red x is still there,

Is there a way to fix this problem asap?

Thanks 

Kudos0

Hi Chinner -

Could you tell me which version of Norton 360 you are using?

You can find this information by going to  the Help & Support link on the top right in Norton 360, and clicking About.

Thanks.

John

John BrockwaySenior Software EngineerConsumer Products & SolutionsSymantec Corporation
Kudos0

Chinner,

This is related to another thread I just replied to. I believe we have found the issue and corrected it for v4. However I am working to find a solution for the users seeing this issue. John is out today but I will relay this to him and we will work to find a solution on the issue. 

Mike

Kudos0

I know that you have already tried many workarounds for this, but still I would appreaciate if you could try the following steps once.

1. Right-click on your desktop, select New > Text File. Rename it as Test file.

2. Go to Backup settings, under What tab, uncheck all other files and folders.

3. Click Add a File and select the Test file from your desktop.

4. Under Where tab, select any of your internal drives(local harddrive).

5. Under When tab, select Manual Backup and click Save Settings.

6. Click Run Backup Now. Check whether the backup completes successfully and let us know the results.

Kudos0

Product Name: Norton 360
  • Version: 3.0.0.135
  • Kudos0

Hi Chinner -

If you have tried Yogesh's test above could you let us know the results.

In addition if your status goes back to green after Yogesh's test if you could also try to add or modify a file that is currently in your backup.

For a category you have selected, simply go to my documents and create a file with that extension.

For example, if you have Pictures selected, go to my documents and create test.jpg.

To see a list of the file extensions go to the What tab and then click the Advanced Mode check box, then edit file extensions on a currently selected category.  This will tell you what extension to use with your test file.

From there if you run a backup, let me know if the status is still red.

Thanks.

John

Message Edited by John_Brockway on 06-23-2009 10:33 AM
    John BrockwaySenior Software EngineerConsumer Products & SolutionsSymantec Corporation
    Kudos0

I tried his test and it worked until i had to restart my computer, no matter what i do the red x is always there
    Kudos0

i have tried everything including yogesh test and it is still red

Replies are locked for this thread.