• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos1

Norton 360 - Computer Slow Down

I purchased the norton 360. For some reason it has slowed my computer down, It is running so slow . Anyone have a suggestion

(Moved to correct board and edited the subject to better reflect the content of the message.) 

Message Edited by Dave_Coleman on 06-05-2008 10:32 AM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 - Computer Slow Down

I purchased the norton 360. For some reason it has slowed my computer down, It is running so slow . Anyone have a suggestion

(Moved to correct board and edited the subject to better reflect the content of the message.) 

Message Edited by Dave_Coleman on 06-05-2008 10:32 AM
Kudos0

Im having the same problem.

I was running Norton 360 v.1.x last year, but the subscription expired, so I bought a new Norton 360 v.1.3 and I upgraded it to Norton 360 v.2 the same day.  Since the installation and upgrade, my computer is barely moving.  Is there anything that I can do? 

Thank you!

Kudos0

Along with slowneness, is your hard drive also thrashing/churning like mine was? A couple visits (alas) to Live Chat with techs solved the problem - that and a combo of updating drivers, installing Vista SP 1, and who knows what else karma-wise. PC quiet as a mouse now (knock on wood;-) (Check HD Mania thread.)

Barney Lerten-Bend, Oregon

Kudos0

luckly i havent had that problem.  one advice for you, if you wherent already given it, get a program that could test your hard drive for any physical damage that could have be done, since your hard drive was not moving right to be causing the noise.

I think my norton is up to date, Ive ran the live update a few times already, unfortionly the live update for norton 360 v.2.0 does not show what its doing, so I cant tell if its downloading new updates or if its already up to date.

Also, I've noticed in Window's Task Manager's Processes list, a file called HPZinw12.exe would periodicly hog my processor cause it to literaly come to a near stand still, but when I end that process my computer speeds up to it normal speeds.

PS: for some reason I have difficulties with the trying to chat with tech support, I've been able to do it only once out of a half doze times, and the advice I was given did not solve my problem and the technician I was chatting with was very slow in responces. 

Kudos0

Campsoup: Oh it wasn't LOUD thrashing, more like a Geiger counter - just BUSY thrashing. Just glad SOMETHING I did got it to stop.

Yes, I too found Live Chat frustrating, the responses are fairly robotic and by the names I'm guessing they're in India.

Good luck, take care,

Barney

Kudos0

kat wrote:
I  purchased the norton 360. For some reason it has slowed my computer down, It is running so slow . Anyone have a suggestion

What was your previous AV and firewall?

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

think this thread should be under Norton 360 and not here under other products
Kudos0

Thanks, Grumpster. I moved the thread to the N360 Forum and edited the subject heading to better reflect the content.

Cheers! 

Kudos0

To be back on track.

What was your previous security set up?

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

http://www.file.net/process/hpzinw12.exe.html

read above for some info on that executable.

Replies are locked for this thread.