• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 did not block virus

Ok Norton 360 has a virus

I found this out yesterday and have only just started to investigate. Question is why has Norton not mentioned this or done anything about this?

If the virus stops our product working then how are we supposed to get anti-virus updates?

So I am unable to use the internet, as my PC may get further viruses!!!!!!

Not sure if other anti-virus products have been attacked?

It’s been 24 hours since this first appeared on this forum - This needs fixing NOW

[edit: Clarified subject.]

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 did not block virus

essex_uk:

I have asked to have your post separated so that it can be dealt with without confusion.

First can you tell us your version of N360; 1,2,3, 3.5  The version number will be under Help & Support>about.

What is your operating system and service pack level, if any.

What virus do you believe you have?  Check history for any resolved or unresolved entries. Please tell us what happened when you believe you became infected and the symptoms of that infection. 

Just to clarify, N360 does not have a virus.  Your system may have one that has disabled N360.  That is what malware is designed to do. 

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 did not block virus

essex_uk wrote:

Ok Norton 360 has a virus

I found this out yesterday and have only just started to investigate. Question is why has Norton not mentioned this or done anything about this?

If the virus stops our product working then how are we supposed to get anti-virus updates?

So I am unable to use the internet, as my PC may get further viruses!!!!!!

Not sure if other anti-virus products have been attacked?

It’s been 24 hours since this first appeared on this forum - This needs fixing NOW

[edit: Clarified subject.]

Well I just got rid of a virus, yet it seems anti phising definitions is not updating, and has not been updated since the 18th.

I believe my Internet security has been modified and rendered useless. The sad fact is that in my panic I changed my Admin logon password and now cannot access admin rights as the password is not recognised for some reason. I saw the worse case scenario in these situations as having to re-install windows, however there is a worse one, and that is to change your Admin logon password in a panic, and then find out when you try to use the password it is not recognised.

Is there anything worse that could happen than that? I dont think so.

Replies are locked for this thread.