• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 to Norton Internet Security 2010 - Removal tool

In two days my Norton 360 runs out, and I have now purchased Norton Internet security 2010. I presume I will need to use the Norton removal tool to remove 360 before I install Norton Internet Security 2010. Can someone please direct me to the correct link for the removal tool, and give me any advice on ensuring 360 gets removed properly, I dont want to end up with any problems that could possibly occur during the process of switching products.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 to Norton Internet Security 2010 - Removal tool

In two days my Norton 360 runs out, and I have now purchased Norton Internet security 2010. I presume I will need to use the Norton removal tool to remove 360 before I install Norton Internet Security 2010. Can someone please direct me to the correct link for the removal tool, and give me any advice on ensuring 360 gets removed properly, I dont want to end up with any problems that could possibly occur during the process of switching products.
Accepted Solution
Kudos1

0. Backup your Idenetiy Safe settings

1. Download the Norton Removal Tool (www.norton.com/nrt) and the latest Norton Internet Security version (www.norton.com/nis10)
2. Uninstall Norton 360 via Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
3. Reboot
4. Run the Norton Removal Tool 2-3 times to erase all the remaining files and registry keys

5. Reboot
6. Install Norton Internet Security by the downloaded setup package, and activate it with your product key
7. Run Live Update manually until you get no other updates

8. Restore the previously backed up Identity Safe settings

Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v21.5.0.19
Kudos0

PapauZ wrote:

0. Backup your Idenetiy Safe settings

1. Download the Norton Removal Tool (www.norton.com/nrt) and the latest Norton Internet Security version (www.norton.com/nis10)
2. Uninstall Norton 360 via Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
3. Reboot
4. Run the Norton Removal Tool 2-3 times to erase all the remaining files and registry keys

5. Reboot
6. Install Norton Internet Security by the downloaded setup package, and activate it with your product key
7. Run Live Update manually until you get no other updates

8. Restore the previously backed up Identity Safe settings

Thanks PapauZ, your help is much appreciated.

Replies are locked for this thread.