• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 'not responding' in any way

I was running a virus scan when the Norton 360 scan window stopped responding.  The general Norton 360 window stopped responding as well a few minutes later.  I've now got a 'not responding' logo at the top of each window:

• I can't shut either window by right-clicking and selecting 'close'. 
  • I've tried ending both tasks in the Windows Task Manager, but no response here either. 
  • I even tried uninstalling Norton 360, but am told that I can't uninstall until the scan has finished (which it won't ever do because it isn't responding) !  

All I can do at present is minimise them down to the taskbar to clear the desktop. 

Any further choices other than restoring the factory settings (the nuclear option) ?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 'not responding' in any way

HI AndrewLang

Try rebooting your PC and that should clear the "hang" and then try running your scan again.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

Dear M D Turner

Thanks for responding.  I rebooted a number of times without success.  However, I have since cured the problem by doing a system restore (although a separate thread here led me to think that Norton wouldn't let me do it).  Should have remembered this option before posting earlier.  Thanks again for replying.

AndrewLang

Kudos1

HI AndrewLang

Thanks for providing the update. Good to hear that you have resolved your issue. Could you mark the thread as solved by selecting your own post as the solution.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

Replies are locked for this thread.