• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Norton 360 v3/Norton Security Suite and ccSvcHst

Yet again, another post on ccSvcHst.

Norton Security Suite randomly closes every 5 minutes. So I go to Services, and it says that the service has stopped.

I start it again, then 5 minutes later, it shuts down. I quarrel with it for another hour before Windows says there's a solution to this problem on the Norton website. Problem is, the link that was given no longer exists:

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20090821103237EN

Can someone help me?!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 v3/Norton Security Suite and ccSvcHst

Yeah. (I also tried a trial of Norton 360 v3 to make sure it wasn't only the security suite). And, I can turn on the service. The problem is that it shuts off randomly.

Kudos0

Hello robxu9

Did you have any other security program installed before you tried Norton Security Suite from Comcast? Do you have any other live time security program installed now? You said you tried out N360 itself also. Did you uninstall N360 using the Norton Removal Tool?

You may be having a problem if the other security programs weren't cleaned out thoroughly before you installed your Norton Security Suite or if you have other live time security programs running now.

Another possibility is malware.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.
Kudos0

I had AVG Internet Security before, but I completely uninstalled that. And everything was cleaned out.

Only Norton is on my computer now. I did use the Norton Removal Tool.

I can say that there is no malware on my computer; I ran the Norton Security Scan (or whatever that's called).

My computer isn't malfunctioning either.

As I said before, I found several other threads with this, and all of them had the same link as above. It's just that the link no longer works :-\

Kudos0

Do you receive any error message like "Symantec framework service has encountered an error and needs to close"? Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the Norton Security Suite product?

Vineeth--

Kudos0

Hm. No error messages, but Windows did detect the error once and gave me the same link I posted above.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the Security Suite with the Removal Tool and the original installation package (I fear I may have hit my download limit for Norton on the Comcast Security website )

Kudos0

Hello robxu9

If you have reached your download limit from the Comcast site, then you will have to contact them about seeing if they can reset your limit or something after you explain what has happened. We have a customer support free chat service here that usually handles this type of a problem, but I don't think they can do anything about this sort of situation since you get your Norton product thru Comcast.

Kudos0

Yet again, another post on ccSvcHst.

Norton Security Suite randomly closes every 5 minutes. So I go to Services, and it says that the service has stopped.

I start it again, then 5 minutes later, it shuts down. I quarrel with it for another hour before Windows says there's a solution to this problem on the Norton website. Problem is, the link that was given no longer exists:

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20090821103237EN

Can someone help me?!

Kudos0

But will you fix the problem? I didn't uninstall Norton Security Suite again - I still have it on my computer now - better something than nothing, even if that something fails every 15 seconds.

Kudos0

Hello robxu9

What is the version number when you look at about in the help and support part?

Kudos0

I had AVG Internet Security before, but I completely uninstalled that.

robxu9,  how was AVG uninstalled? Did you run the AVG removal tool? If not you can download it here:  AVG

Kudos0

Hello robxu9

Welcome to the Norton Users Discussion Forum

By the term Norton Security Suite, are you referring to the free Comcast security suite that they offer now? I don't believe that you can turn on that service any longer yourself because that feature makes it easy for malware to do the same thing.

Replies are locked for this thread.