• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Norton 360 won't open.

When I try to open Norton 360, my cursor shows that its loading, as if it was about to appear on the screen, but then nothing happens. It is not on my taskbar running on the side. However, when I go to the control panel and to security, it says my firewall in ON and is being managed by Norton 360. Also, without me doing anything once it said there are 6 things that need to be fixed but when i clicked on fix nothing happend and when i tried again, it said a scan is already running which is not true. I also tried to go to norton.com/nss1 but it says the link appears to be broken. What should I do?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 won't open.

No, there was not any other antivirus installed before this. The antivirus I had before this was Windows Live One Care and i did uninstall it using Add/Remove programs before installing Norton. However, I did download AVG free edition from download.com after this problem occured and i ran a scan and it removed whatever it found but this did not fix the problem so i uninstalled AVG right after.
Kudos0

Please Download and Run the Clean-Up Tool as described here for Windows Live One Care: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/732e6371-2e71-479a-8cd6-b189941ed4fb/.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Kudos0

Hi nick807,

Welcome to Norton Community!

Please try the instructions mentioned in this Symantec Support Article.

Yogesh

Kudos0

Whenever i try to open any webpage having to do with Norton(norton removal tool) or any other scanning website there is a google webpage that says "Opps! this link appears to be broken" and popup comes up that says Your computer might be infected with malware. I cant even open Norton.com.
Kudos0

nick807 wrote:
Whenever i try to open any webpage having to do with Norton(norton removal tool) or any other scanning website there is a google webpage that says "Opps! this link appears to be broken" and popup comes up that says Your computer might be infected with malware. I cant even open Norton.com.

Please Download, Install, Update and Run a Full Scan of all Drives in Safe. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware for Windows: http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=contentBody;mostPopTwoColWrap&cdlPid=10984636.

How to Start your Computer in Safe Mode: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001052409420406?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Kudos0

When I turned it on in safe mode it froze on the screen that says Windows is starting up...

Therefore, I turned if off by holding down the power button on my computer for a few seconds and tried it again but it did the same thing so now i think i cant even get on my computer at all.

Kudos0

Ok never mind now when i tried it the 3rd time it worked. Now let me try to do what Floating Red said again. Sorry for any confusion.
Kudos0

After i downloaded it and saved it to my desktopi tried to run it in safe mode and normal but both places when i clicked on run my cursor showed up as if it was about to show up but then it went away and nothing happened. In other words i was able to save it on my computer succesfuly but i was unable to install it and run the scan.
Kudos1

What O.S. are you using and with which Service Pack (S.P.), e.g. Windows X.P., 03?

nick807 wrote:
After i downloaded it and saved it to my desktopi tried to run it in safe mode and normal but both places when i clicked on run my cursor showed up as if it was about to show up but then it went away and nothing happened. In other words i was able to save it on my computer succesfuly but i was unable to install it and run the scan.
So, if I understand you correctly, you could not install the Malwarebytes in Normal and Safe Mode?
Kudos0

Yes, that is correct.

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3

Kudos0

nick807 wrote:

Yes, that is correct.

I am using Windows XP Service Pack 3

L.o.l.!  I got it right about your O.S. and S.P.!  :D

Anyway, let's try SUPERAntiSpyware; see if that will install.  If it does, re-start in Safe Mode and do a Full Scan of all Drives.  Let me know!

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition for Windows: http://www.download.com/SUPERAntiSpyware-Free-Edition/3000-8022_4-10523889.html?tag=mncol.

Kudos0

When I try to open Norton 360, my cursor shows that its loading, as if it was about to appear on the screen, but then nothing happens. It is not on my taskbar running on the side. However, when I go to the control panel and to security, it says my firewall in ON and is being managed by Norton 360. Also, without me doing anything once it said there are 6 things that need to be fixed but when i clicked on fix nothing happend and when i tried again, it said a scan is already running which is not true. I also tried to go to norton.com/nss1 but it says the link appears to be broken. What should I do?
Kudos0

Use the Norton Removal Tool and then re-install your Norton Product.  Do not worry: once you have used the N.R.T. and re-started, a Windows should come up, with the Heading: How to re-install your Norton Product after using the Norton Removal Tool

Also, did you have any other Security Software installed on your computer before you Installed Norton 360?  If so, what was this and how did you Remove it? 

Do you have any other Norton Products installed on your system?  If so, what are these?

Thanks!

Norton Removal Tool: Norton Removal Tool.

Replies are locked for this thread.