Norton AntiVirus 11.0 For Macintosh
I just joined the Norton Community. I have a few questions and comments I'd like to make about this Norton Product.
I have a scheduled scan everyday at 7:00. For two days, the scan did not run nor did it say it ran on the recent items list. The next day it was fine. Also, one time I found the authentication lock on the bottom left hand corner open, but nothing was changed. I ran a full system scan, and everything was fine. Also, whenever I have the lock open, it closes in five or ten minutes. Could this be a real hacker, or is it supposed to do that? Also, I've been lurking on the forums here so I know that there's a Macintosh Staff Member here called Mikeromo. I'd like to ask him a few questions, or any staff member a few questions.
1. Can you make a feature where it scans the computer for current viruses like it did for Windows?
2. Could you also make a Quick Scan option? Whenever I do a full system scan, it takes between six-eleven hours to finish scanning 390,000 files/applications.
3. Are there currently any rootkits or spywares out for Mac Users?
4. I used to have NIS 2008 For Macintosh, but it was not compatible with my Mac Version. Do you think it is possible that you could put Privacy Controls in NAV 11.0? I know I'd like to ad-block, and doubleclick keeps giving the computer tracking cookies that NAV 11.0 doesn't detect.
5. Also, the Symantec Security Check doesn't work for me. I meet all of the current requirements. I have Mac OS X 10.4.11 and Safari 3.1.1 and even Internet Explorer 5.2, but it stops in the middle and says that it could not run the Trojan/Hacker vulnerabilities test.