Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!
Photos being withheld
Since I downloaded Norton I find that email with photos that are not sent as attachments show up with just a box with a red X. I asked Norton tech support about the problem and they instructed me to change some network settings but this didn't work. I use Internet Explorer. Can anyone help with this matter? Please, please keep in mind that I have the intelligence of a two-year-old when it comes to all things computer. I have pasted the email I initially received from Norton. Thanks in advance.Wed, December 15, 2010 10:48:13 PM Technical Support [Incident:[removed]]
Thank you for contacting Norton Support. I understand from your email description that email photos are not appearing and also you wanted to know how to change thes settings in order to make the photos appear. I apologize for the inconveniences caused to you. I will certainly assist you with the issue. I would first like to inform you that the Norton Antivirus 2011 program does not have a firewall feature to block any content from being viewed and so the chances of Norton being the cause of this issue are very less. If you are unable to view photos, it could also mean that you are exceeding the size limits given to you by your Internet provider. I am also unsure whether you are trying to view photos sent through attachments or pasted in the email content. As a workaround, you may follow the steps below to disable email antivirus scan and check for the issue by following the steps below: Steps to disable email antivirus scan in Norton 2011 program:
- Open your Norton 2011 program
- Click on Settings at the top
- Under Computer Settings , click on Network Settings
- Click on Configure next to email antivirus scan
- uncheck the option that says " scan incoming messages"
- Click on Apply and click OK
- What is the email client you are using (Outlook or Outlook Express) ?
- Are you trying to view emails sent as attachments or pasted in the content of the email?
- Do you get any error message or do you see a red X on the image that you are trying to view?
- Any other information that you think will resolve the issue