biggbubba1959 wrote:HI i get a Red X where pictures are suppose to be on certain websights. How can i get this fixed??
You can not fix this, as this is an error on the server side, what can be caused by a lot of things, ie. the pictures are deleted from the server, or there's an error in the location/link of the picture, etc....
Let us know the name and version of Norton program you have, your Operating System and the browser you use. Are you able to view the pcitures without any problem when you disable any of the features of your Norton program such as firewall, phishing protection?
1. Close the Internet Explorer window.
2. Go to Control Panel, and then click Internet Options.
3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
4. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
6. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
I don't think that it's anyway related to Norton program as the same images can be viewed without any problem in Firefox. Try the workarounds/instructions mentioned in the following Microsoft Article:
biggbubba1959 wrote:yes... i click it and does nothing
And going to the same page with Firefox, you are able to view the picture? In Firefox you can right click the image and check its "Properties" which will tell you the website address that is the source of the image. Perhaps IE is blocking something in that site. You could try making the site a "Trusted Site" in IE and see if that allows images to be displayed.
There are currently 4 users online.