• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Should I remove all previous versions of Norton before installing Norton 360?

Hello board members, I have a quick question, I have a trial copy of Norton anti virus in my new computer. The trial is about to expire, I purchased Norton 360 and I am ready to begin installation. Should I remove all previous versions of Norton, before I install 360? Or will the installation of Norton 360 take care of that?

[edit: Clarified subject.]

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Should I remove all previous versions of Norton before installing Norton 360?

Hi Andy

How did you purchase your N360? Is it a boxed version or did you download it from the Symantec website? If you have a boxed version, you will needed to download the latest version as the boxed version may not work with your new computer. If you have to do that, it's no problem because you can use your key from your boxed version of N360.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.
Kudos0

Re: Should I remove all previous versions of Norton before installing Norton 360?

Good point from floplot.

If you are installing Norton 360 on Windows 7, then note that only Norton 360 version 3.5 is compatible. This version is not, to my knowledge, available on disc but only as a download from the Symantec server. If you have got Windows 7, please download the appropriate edition of your Norton 360 from the correct link below:

Norton 360 Standard Edition version 3.5

http://www.norton.com/n360s_3

Norton 360 Premier Edition version 3.5

http://www.norton.com/n360p_3

After installation, you can activate Norton 360 with your product key (on the CD sleeve in the boxed version, or in your confirmation e-mail if you purchased Norton 360 as a download).

Kudos0

Hello board members, I have a quick question, I have a trial copy of Norton anti virus in my new computer. The trial is about to expire, I purchased Norton 360 and I am ready to begin installation. Should I remove all previous versions of Norton, before I install 360? Or will the installation of Norton 360 take care of that?

[edit: Clarified subject.]

Kudos0

Hi Andy101,

It is strongly recommended that you manually uninstall your trial version of NAV before installing Norton 360. Installing a Norton product from a different product category (for example Norton 360 over Norton AntiVirus) over another Norton product is not a good idea and can lead to flawed installations. Installing Norton products from the same product category (for example NAV 2010 over NAV 2009) over each other is fine :-)

You will also need your Norton 360 product key to activate Norton 360 after installation.

Replies are locked for this thread.