• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Trouble booting, Event Viewer Error ID 65535

What is this error?

"The Description for Event ID (65535) in Source (STacSV) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.  You may be able to use the ?AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve this description: see Help and Support for details.  The following information is part of the event: Connection to BassMgrHDA COM interface failed."

See Help and Support??? My subscription is still valid but I cannot find support for this error. This ID 65535 is not in the archives. I have used Norton for years but I'm now considering changing since I can't CONTACT anyone about this without PAYING?

Event Viewer only shows this error.

I have been having trouble booting up, hangs after Windows splashscreen.

OS repair did not show errors.

XP SP2

IE ver 6.0 something

NIS 2009

Can anyone help?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Trouble booting, Event Viewer Error ID 65535

This seems to be related to your wireless card.  Are you using a wireless connection?  If so, you may try resetting the wireless router and see if that helps.

-Sunny

Kudos0

Thank you Sunny!

I will try that.

L

Kudos0

Sure, let us know if it worked.

-Sunny

Kudos0

missretta,

This appears to be a problem with your sound driver, not your Norton product. Most of the pages seem to recommend reinstalling your sound driver.

When I googled for "STacSV 65535" I found a number of pages like this pc starts then shuts down after 1.5 min.

As a matter of interest, can you indicate which Norton product you are using? Norton AntiVirus, Internet Security or 360? Which version (found under Help & Support -> About)?

Reese AnschultzSenior Software Quality Assurance Manager, Symantec Corporation

Replies are locked for this thread.