• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Liveupdate can not connect, Error 8921,252 for Live support programme on NIS.

Hi,

I have recently moved house, and have had to change ISP, and therefore from ADSL (my own dsl/router modem), to a fibre optic modem provided by the ISP. I am in Dubai UAE and my new ISP is Du.ae . NIS 2011 was updating fine with the old ISP and modem/router, but not now.

Tried the Norton DNS, also made sure that the proxy settings are the same as my browser (which connects, and so does my outlook with remote hosted exchange), but NIS 2011 liveupdate and also "Fix Now" does not work.

Tried looking at some other of the "solved" posts, but does not seem to fix the issue here.

Running Windows Home 7 premium.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Liveupdate can not connect, Error 8921,252 for Live support programme on NIS.

Kudos0

Re: Liveupdate can not connect, Error 8921,252 for Live support programme on NIS.

Hi,

Here is the KB article for the 2011 version:

Error: "Unable to connect to the Norton LiveUpdate server..." (8921,252) when I run LiveUpdate in my Norton 2011 product

If you have already tried the first step, please try the rest of the solution. Also, if you have any other security products, please remove them and then run LiveUpdate.

Vineeth

Replies are locked for this thread.