• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1

Redirect virus

Hello,

I'm pretty sure I've got the redirect virus. All my symptoms are same as most with it. I've been reading/trying a lot of the posts here, when I try the ipconfig /flushdns it tells me "operation needs elevation" I know this command works I watched it via remote assistance on this laptop. But it never said that via remote assistance, what does it mean and how do I overcome this??

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Redirect virus

Hello,

I'm pretty sure I've got the redirect virus. All my symptoms are same as most with it. I've been reading/trying a lot of the posts here, when I try the ipconfig /flushdns it tells me "operation needs elevation" I know this command works I watched it via remote assistance on this laptop. But it never said that via remote assistance, what does it mean and how do I overcome this??

Kudos0

OK,

I figured out the ipconfig/flushdns and route-f, but after restarting windows and trying a search 2x, it redirected me the 2nd time. I should have went to hijackthis in the first search, I'll see if it will let me go there now.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I no longer do the work with advanced tools and loggers on this forum to track down what is causing the redirect.

Let alone what makes you think that it's an infection that uses the RIB in some way, like Backdoor.Rohimafo.

Quads

Kudos0

just came looking for help. saw you were pretty good at helping people. no big, ill figure it out. thanks

Kudos1

Hi

I have seen this issue at my previous job.

Programs such as malwarebytes, norton or eset cannot fix this issue.

What worked for me and has worked for many other people is a program called "hitman pro".  Latest version is 3.5

They got a free version as well but it did get the job done when I needed it

Read more + link to freeware version:

surfright.nl/en/home/press/tdl3-rootkit-still-large-issue-for-anti-virus-programs

hitmanpro.com

Replies are locked for this thread.