• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos2

LiveUpdate Error 8920,223

To support the flow of communication I am merging all of the forum threads concerning the LiveUpdate issue involving error code 8920,223 into one single thread. 

We will update this thread as more information becomes available.

We are actively resolving the issue. 

Sorry,

Dave Coleman

Symantec Corporation

UPDATE: This issue should now be resolved. Please run LiveUpdate to continue downloading your updates, or wait for Automatic LiveUpdate to update for you.

Replies

Kudos1

Re: LiveUpdate Error 8920,223

I have NIS 201212 W& 64bit. I have started to get error 8920,223 with live update. Repeated running installed some updates but there are some still not installing. The only threads I have found are for older Norton products so I am unsure if they are relevant now?

It looks as if an update issue as updating is now OK again

Kudos0

we cannot understand your version.please check it.go to user interface of norton and then support and about.you will find a version like this 18.5.0.125
Kudos0

if you are using norton 2011 this article may be help to you
us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20110119110608EN&ln=en_US
Kudos1

Update began failing for me this morning as well! Pulse updates install correctly... nothing else.

Kudos0

I downloaded critical Windows Updates today and now the LiveUpdate won't complete, and gives me the Error 8920,223

Is that Download what is making the LiveUpdate Activity Map not load??

I checked for updates on Norton Internet Security and it shows that I have the latest version. I also tried downloading the new Virus Definitions and that didn't change the LiveUpdate Error Message.

Kudos0

VERSION 18.5.0.125 keep getting error in Activity map and reapeated download attempts fail, Also Internal program error. Am I Protected.........Help............Gorpy1

Thank God for people that can help!!!
Kudos0

I have the same error.

Norton Activity Map Data failed to complete

NIS error code: 8920,223

NIS 2011

Kudos1

I am getting repeated install failures with Activity Map today as well .           VERSION 18.5.0.125

Kudos0

I tried reinstalling , removing previous settings . restarting . installing in safe mode . Nothing helps . Activity map just wouldn't install ! Check for updates ok , Downloading updates ok , Process updates . Pic says it all . System : windows 7 x64 
An error has occured with Norton Internet Security ERROR : 8920,223

Kudos0

jjasonrev wrote:

I tried reinstalling , removing previous settings . restarting . installing in safe mode . Nothing helps . Activity map just wouldn't install ! Check for updates ok , Downloading updates ok , Process updates . Pic says it all . System : windows 7 x64 
An error has occured with Norton Internet Security ERROR : 8920,223

HI jjasonrev

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums

I have raised this issue with Symantec as there are a number of users who have started having this issue recently.

Edit: Don't do anything more to your installation until we get an update from Symantec

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

Hello

I'm getting the same error also. The updates to the activity map have failed to complete. I have 4 of those failure to complete ones. The rest of the updates are completing. I am wondering if the Tsunami's that have hit Hawaii and are heading now towards CA. coastline.have anything to do with this problem.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.
Kudos0

noticed I'm not the only one with this problem.  I have version 5.0.0.125 and I got this error after my live update this morning 03,11,2011. I'm not very tech savy so if anyone can help with this issue I would much appreciate it .  Thanks

Kudos0

Hi cocoa1

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums

The issue has been raised with Symantec so hang fire until we get a response from them.

Thanks

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone
Kudos0

LX3 wrote:

I am getting repeated install failures with Activity Map today as well .           VERSION 18.5.0.125

Hi LX3 I hope it's only the Activity map that's the problem, I wonder if the part in my history that says NIS2011 has encountered an internal application problem is part of it...I wonder when it will be fixed and if I can run scans.Thanks.....Gorpy1

Kudos1

Hi Guys

Hold off on doing anything to your systems. I have raised this with Symantec so hang fire until we get a response.

Thanks

Kudos0

Did you both try this solution : click on red text next to failed update, let error recovery start. It will come up with a text like 'No solution found' and a suggestion for a Symantec link

You have to run this procedure yourself, because the resulting link is for your OS and language version specifically.

When you click on the link, download the appropriate virus definitions file (32 or 64 bit) for your OS under step2 and run it.

Then reboot your system and see if LiveUpdate runs without errors.

It worked on my W7-SP1 32-bit system, without the latest patch tuesday Windows Updates..

Hugo

W8.1 Update 1 / W7-SP1 with IE11 and FF 32.0.2, TB 31.1.1, NIS2014 21.5.0.19 and N360 21.5.0.19, Android 4.2 with NMS 3.8
Kudos1

Sorry mdturner, saw your post too late...

W8.1 Update 1 / W7-SP1 with IE11 and FF 32.0.2, TB 31.1.1, NIS2014 21.5.0.19 and N360 21.5.0.19, Android 4.2 with NMS 3.8
Kudos2

Hello All

I have just had a successful update to the activity map problem, so it appears to have been fixed. Everything seems to be back to normal. Please run a manual live update and you should get a successful update to the activity map now, if not yet, then shortly if it has affected more than one server. Thanks

Kudos0

Hello All

I have just had a successful update to the activity map download problem. I had been having failed installs for the activity map, but it appears to have been fixed now. Just run a manual update and it will probably install ok for you also. Thanks.

Kudos1

floplot wrote:

Hello All

I have just had a successful update to the activity map problem, so it appears to have been fixed. Everything seems to be back to normal. Thanks

Thank you floplot , all working ok again here to now.

Kudos0

Hello All

The problem with the downloading of a successful activity map update seems to have been fixed. I just ran a manula live update and it installed successfully now.  I had 3 unsuccessful attempts of the install of the activity map over night without an error code, but it does seem to be fixed now. If live update doesn't fix it right now, please give it a little time for the correction to the update to get around to the various servers that may be involved. Thanks.

Kudos0

I have too, Thanks, Symnatec (Norton).....Gorpy1

Kudos1

I am getting the same problem with Norton 360 V5. Only Pulse Updates are updating succesfully, all other downloads are 'Failing to complete'.

DerekJJ

Kudos0

Now all updates' attempts end in failure!!!
Kudos0

Hello

I am now getting successful updates including the activity map.

Kudos0

Just checked. Still not fixed.
Kudos0

Will the solution be posted here ? Or do i need to check myself ?

Kudos0

Hello

All I had to do was run live update manually and it had about 4 updates including 1 for the activity map. This was about an hour ago.

Kudos0

The only updates that seem to work are the pulse updates - every other update seems to fail.

Kudos0

Newfan wrote:

The only updates that seem to work are the pulse updates - every other update seems to fail.

Hi Newfan

Reboot your PC and then run a manual liveupdate to see if that resolves the issue.

Kudos0

LiveUpdate began failing for me also this morning 2011-03-11 around 0822 (Z-7). Running XP SP2 and NAV 2011. It picks up the Pulse Updates but not the Activity Map Data, Safe Web Stats, 2011 Iron Revocation List. I downloaded the 95 MB intelligent updater pack (20110310-038-v5i32.exe), but it won't run (no matter where I attempt to run the file it claims the path can't be found).

What is going on?

Kudos0

hi

im getting the same issue it started just not updating the activity map now all updates fail .. this has to be a symantec problem as go try to dowload the npe that fails also on the website .. as i thought mebs i had a virus of somekind and tryed to run the npe but that failed due to not able to connect to the internet. so i tryed to dl it manualy from the website and gues what .. it wont dl it gives an error on the redirect page .

Kudos0

this is what the npe website says

Not Found

The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the refering page

Kudos0

I started getting the same LiveUpdate failure this morning around 0820 (2011-03-11 0820 Z-7). It picks up the Pulse Update, but none of the others (they fail to complete). I downloaded the intelligent updater pack, but it won't run (claims the path is unknown, whether I run it on the desktop or on the root). I just hope this is a Symantec problem and not some malware that sneaked in. NAV 2011 did block an intrusion attempt on a rogue site a couple of days ago, but that seemed a successful block. I'm running XP SP2 and NAV 2011.

Kudos0

Same here on my side can't update only pulsh update is working

Kudos0

I'm having the same problems as JaelynC and AncientZygote. All I can get are Pulse Updates; with everything else I get a 'Failed to  complete' message.

It's very worrying - is there likely to be a solution soon please? I hope so!

2 x Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - 64bit, 1 x Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - 32bit, NIS 2014 v21.5.0.19
Kudos0

Sorry to butt in but im having the exact same issue as well.

Windows installed updates, and now i notice that NIS 2011 isnt updating properly.

Any fix for this, other than the usual "uninstall/reinstall" comments?.

UnionJack

Kudos0

Can't update 2 things

Norton 2010 Iron revocation list failed to complete

Norton 2010 Web Protection Definitions failed to complete

I run NIS 2010 with addon pack parental controls on Windows Vista

Kudos0

Same here . As I said on another thread, I can only get Pulse Updates, everything else fails. I hope this gets sorted out soon!

2 x Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - 64bit, 1 x Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - 32bit, NIS 2014 v21.5.0.19
Kudos1

You can add me to the list of customers, who are having issues updating, either done manual or auto.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Im getting the same 8920, 223 ERROR,  like others seem to be getting. Looking at the log, pulse updates seem to work ok, but none of the others do.

UnionJack

Kudos0

thanks I did the manual d/l for todays date.

hope they get it fixed.

thanks

Mac

Kudos0

Hello all

I have the same issue. I thought it was something with my internet but I noticed this thread

Kudos0

I started with only having the map update fail. I tried manually updating and after that I only have pulse updates working correctly. The error on install is the same 8920,223 that the others are getting.

Kudos0

I'm having same issue as other, It was working fine till yesterday  March 10 10pm US ET.

This morning at around 7am when I did manual update, it was Map failure,  now there are more updates failing.

I'm in US  ET is at 12:40 now....

Pls help

Kudos0

forgot to add...

Windows XP & NIS 2011

Kudos0

My second computer now has the same problem with the same error 8920,223

Norton Activity Map Data failed to complete

Norton Safe Web Statistics failed to complete

Norton 2011 Web Protection Definitions failed to complete

Norton 2011 Iron Revocation List failed to complete

NIS 2011

Norton error: 8920,223

What now? Any suggestions, please? This machine hasn't been turned on for 48 hours. The AV definitions are out of date for sure.

Kudos0

Dear Norton Community,

I have the latest Norton Internet Security 2011 and tried after fromating my PC to reinstall the Norton INS 2011. After the installation I am getting an error message that 4 out of 22 Updates couldn't be processed. I am getting the error message:

Process Updates                Failed to complete

and it says on the Top 'No updates applied' in red. Now I am quite concerned that my PC is not a 100% protected even though Norton INS 2011 doesn't give me any warning message whatsoever.

Can someone please tell me how to help and fix this? I read the other Thread regarding this topic but they are for older versions of Norton INS 2010. I doubt that I have any virus on my PC as it is the 2nd thing I installed after everything else.

If someone maybe could tell me where to get the Updates manually from it might solve the issue - I did try this link: http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=n95  but no luck as nothing happens.

I think my issue is the same as the issue in this Thread: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/One-more-with-Updater-issues/td-p/412666

Thanks a lot for reading and trying to help

Georg

Kudos0

At least I'm not alone on this.

Kudos0

I apologize for the inconvienence. We are aware of an issue while running LiveUpdate and the 8920,233 error. We hope to have this resolved shortly. We will update this thread when we have more information.

Dave Coleman

Symantec Corporation

Kudos0

I apologize for the inconvienence. We are aware of an issue while running LiveUpdate and the 8920,233 error. We hope to have this resolved shortly. We will update this thread when we have more information.

Dave Coleman

Symantec Corporation

Replies are locked for this thread.