• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Transfer license from computer that died to a new laptop?.

Hi there,

I have a 3 PC license for norton 360, and have used them up on 3 laptops. One of my computers has died and i want to transfer that license onto a new computer i just bought. I am unable to uninstall norton off the dead computer cos it's well dead. Is there a way i can free up that key so i can use it on my new laptop?

Thankyou..

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Transfer license from computer that died to a new laptop?.

Hi there,

I have a 3 PC license for norton 360, and have used them up on 3 laptops. One of my computers has died and i want to transfer that license onto a new computer i just bought. I am unable to uninstall norton off the dead computer cos it's well dead. Is there a way i can free up that key so i can use it on my new laptop?

Thankyou..

Kudos0

I have the same problem.  Well, kinda, except mine is on an ex-girlfriends laptop.  Please, anyone?

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Bullamon wrote:

Hi there,

Thankyou..

You can download and install the current version of your specific N360 V5 from one of these links -- make sure you chose the matching one since the Keys are not interchangeable .....

New N360 V5:

Click on the link that matches your version:

Norton 360 v5 Standard: http://www.norton.com/n360s_5/  << version with 2GB of online storage

Norton 360 v5 Premier: http://www.norton_co​m/n360p_5/    << version with 25GB of online storage

Norton 360 v5 Standard Netbook Edition: http://www.norton.com/n360sne_5/   Netbook Edition  << version with 2GB of online storage

Norton 360 v5 Premier Netbook Edition:  http://www.norton_co​m/n360pne_5/   Premium Netbook Edition  << version with 25GB of online storage

Make sure you get the right version since the keys are not interchangeable. SAVE the file where you can find it -- do not run it from the download site when Windows asks what you want to do.

You can download that file on any computer and transfer it to a thumbdrive to install on another.

When it asks you to activate it you can click on Renew and enter the key there.

When you come to activate it you will probably get a message that you are exceeding the number of activations so just contact Customer Support using the OnLine CHAT and they'll update the database when you tell them why.

Lete us know how you get on .....

Hugh
Kudos0

Addo2k2 wrote:

I have the same problem.  Well, kinda, except mine is on an ex-girlfriends laptop.  Please, anyone?

See in general my reply to Bullamon but potential problems might be:

Did you buy and install the copy on the ex's laptop?

Was it a 1 PC or 3 PC version?

Do you  mind if she continues to benefit from one activation if it was a 3 PC version?

AND Did you use your own email address and login to activate it and record it in MyNortonAccount or did you use her email address and login to the MyNortonAccount ??????

If it's your property and you used your email address and password to establish the MyNortonAccount then all you need do , so far as I know, is to install on your present personal PC and use that same MyNortonAccount when it wants to activate. If you point it to the MyNortonAccount it should pick up the key but if it does not and you don't have a record of the KEY you can get it by logging onto the MyNortonAccount and clicking on the entry for the N360 -- that should reveal lthe KEY that you can copy and paste into the Activatiion box.

How does it look to you against that background?

Hugh
Kudos0

Hello

Hugh forgot to put down the link for the free chat program, so here it is.

http://us.norton.com/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

This is the link for US/Can. If you need a different location, please consult your local Symantec site for the local free chat customer support link.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.
Kudos0

OOOps -- Thanks flo .....

Bice to have backup ....

Hugh
Kudos0

Hi Hugh

Thanks for your help mate. I did as you said and it worked perfectly. After i installed norton and entered my key it activated straight away, i didn't have to talk to anyone..

Cheers again, i appreciate your help..

Kudos0

Deeeelighted ....

Hugh

Replies are locked for this thread.