• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Connecting to Wireless TV to Watch NetFlix

I have an internet connection showing up on the TV with a strong signal, but when I try to connect to NetFlix via the "LG" TV remote, the TV is supposed to provide an authorization code that I am to use to sign into NetFlix. It will not provide the authorization code. I have contacted "LG" and they said as long as the TV is connected to the internet, the problem is somewhere else. I next connected Cisco (I have a Linksys E420 Router) and they say the same thing that their router is connecting with the TV and the problem is somewhere else. I have disabled the Norton 360 V5 Firewall, but I still can not get the final connection to NetFlix. Is their a port setting, etc. that might be blocking the connection to NetFlix? 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Connecting to Wireless TV to Watch NetFlix

I have an internet connection showing up on the TV with a strong signal, but when I try to connect to NetFlix via the "LG" TV remote, the TV is supposed to provide an authorization code that I am to use to sign into NetFlix. It will not provide the authorization code. I have contacted "LG" and they said as long as the TV is connected to the internet, the problem is somewhere else. I next connected Cisco (I have a Linksys E420 Router) and they say the same thing that their router is connecting with the TV and the problem is somewhere else. I have disabled the Norton 360 V5 Firewall, but I still can not get the final connection to NetFlix. Is their a port setting, etc. that might be blocking the connection to NetFlix? 

Kudos0

If I understand your problem try this if not then I did misunderstand and ignore this.

If it's anything like Xbox then you get the code from netflix to put into that box. Go to Netflix and navigate to that area and they will generate the code for you.

Kudos0

Thanks for the info. I did go on line and try it that way and I could not get the authorization code on line. I next contacted NetFlix by phone and they said they do not have an authorization code to give me and I can only get it thru the TV. So from everything I can discern, something is blocking the authorization code from coming up on my TV. I do have a strong internet signal and the router passwords are also reading accepted.

Kudos0

If you still can't get a connection by disabling the firewall, it should not be Norton that is the problem.  Please describe how the system is connected.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

Cablevision Cable to Motorola Modem to Linksys E420 Router to main desktop computer with Windows 7 Professional. I have a 2nd Computer with XP that is also connected via Wi-Fi and it works perfectly and I did disable Norton Firewall on both Computers just to be sure it was not the Firewall. In researching this problem on the web, NetFlix says it uses port 80 and 443 as the standard connection. I also contacted Cablevision Tech just to inquire if something could be blocking it on their end and they also said no.

Replies are locked for this thread.