• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

free trial expired before trial period ends

I had a 60day free trial from 3/10/2011.  For some reason this trial period ended on 3/29/2011, I have sent emails to support and get no replies to why.  What do I do now.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: free trial expired before trial period ends

Hi erichartland,

Welcome to the Norton Community. Can you tell us a little more about your system? Which Norton product do you have and what is the version? You can find the version from Support > About. Also what version of Windows and SP (service pack) do you have and is it 32 or 64 bit?

Is this a tiral you downloaded and installed yourself or did it come with a new computer you purchased or what? Had you had any Norton trial software installed before this and if so what are the details of the former trial software?

You can contact Customer Service. If there is some problem with the trial expiring before it should have, then they would be the best ones to take care of this. Chat is the best option.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

As Allen says -- Customer Support should be able to help you. I hope it does not mean someone had your computer before you did!

Allen's link took me to a new page I'd not see before and I don't think "Nathan" can deal with your question ....

I suggest this as a way to get to CUstomer Support by OnLine CHAT which all the reports we get back show to be quick and painless! Just scroll down to the CHAT button where it gives you the likely time delay.

To contact customer support Click on this link and work on from there.

You can choose CHAT or Email; email or phone may have a long wait time and feedback from users tells us that CHAT is by far the best at resolving problems.

Note that that link is to the USA/CAN website so if you are located elsewhere I'm sure you will be able to find the equivalent location on your local Symantec website; some pages have a link at the top right where you can select the country you are located in.

Please let us know how you get on.

Hugh
Kudos0

Hi Hugh,

The link I posted is the top level URL for customer service and has a "Contact Us" link on the left hand side which takes you directly to the link you supplied.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

I realized that -- but I was sincerely afraid our OP would think you wanted him to Ask Nathan .....

Hugh

Replies are locked for this thread.