• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1

Windows Defender

I use norton 560 premium 5.0. Should I disable windows defender or leave it running? I have not noticed any conflicts. Does 360 include its own defender? I have heard that conflicts can occur if you have two defender products running side by side. Please advise.

Thank You

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Windows Defender

I use norton 560 premium 5.0. Should I disable windows defender or leave it running? I have not noticed any conflicts. Does 360 include its own defender? I have heard that conflicts can occur if you have two defender products running side by side. Please advise.

Thank You

Kudos1

Hi

Disable Windows Defender Its not needed 

Norton 360 Does have the Defense required!

If you want a second opinion i.e to confirm If system may be infected by a threat missed by Norton 

You could use Malware Bytes

Here`s the link              http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

Midou
Kudos1

There's no harm in leaving Windows Defender running if there are no conflicts and if there were it would be disabled during install. Malwarebytes is great for removal of malware, but the free version is limited to just that. As long as you are not running other anti-virus or firewall programs not included with Windows, you should be fine.

Kudos1

Thanks for the info. I already use the Malwarebytes paid for version. This has paid dividends and removed threats which Norton has missed. I will disable Windows Defender and see how it goes.

Kudos0

Hi Again

Paid version has Real time component so that is Disabled I take it!

Midou

Replies are locked for this thread.