• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos1

Malwarebytes & Norton 360 Question

I see in a lot of topic. Run Malwarebytes. Does Norton 360 look for maleware. Norton 360 suppose to have it all. A high end computer protection software. Then read one person say Norton won't be able to catch everything. Please try Malwarebytes for FREE and see if it find anything. I thought it not a good idea to have 2 kinds of anti virus programs on the same computer. Because of conflicts and all.

A friend of mine has both Norton 360 and Malwarebytes on the same computer. I mentioned to my friend brother it not a good to have 2 programs doing protection. He said it was okay.

What is the deal?

Have a good day . . where ever you may be

HAPPY MOTHER DAY TO ANY MOTHERS ON HERE. DO NOT FORGET TO TELL YOU MOTHER HOW GREAT SHE IS AND SAY HAPPY MOTHER DAY TO HER. PUT A SMILE ON YOUR MOM'S FACE. BUY HER FLOWERS AND A CARD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bike Mike2002 Olympic TorchbearerMultiple Sclerosis Cyclist since 1990IBM Desktop ThinkCentre, Vista SP2, 32bit, IE 8, FF 3.6, Norton 360 v5.1.0.29, Chrome 11.0.696.68, Paint Shop Pro 12.50 and Adobe 10, 3 GB memory

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Malwarebytes & Norton 360 Question

Now this question for high techies. LOL !!

If a new virus does slip thru Norton 360. Would it be able to pick up the new virus in a couple hours to a few short days??? In due time???

There are people that do not have time to keep checking things out. People that do not have time to stay ahead all the time.

That why most people would buy product like Norton 360 to do the job it suppose to be doing.

Do not know if anyone got what I am saying.

Let see !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bike Mike2002 Olympic TorchbearerMultiple Sclerosis Cyclist since 1990IBM Desktop ThinkCentre, Vista SP2, 32bit, IE 8, FF 3.6, Norton 360 v5.1.0.29, Chrome 11.0.696.68, Paint Shop Pro 12.50 and Adobe 10, 3 GB memory
Kudos0

SmileyMike:

There are a lot of malware writers out there making a lot of cash writing malicious stuff.  As soon as Symantec gets a submission for any new malware, they can have new definitions out, sometimes in minutes.  Sometimes it takes longer.

That is why it is good to have an on-demand scanner for a cross-check.  All of the security software companies get different submissions at different times, so what one misses, the other might pick up.

Don't leave an infection on the machine assuming that Norton will get it eventually.  Many infections stop your security product from working properly.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

I see in a lot of topic. Run Malwarebytes. Does Norton 360 look for maleware. Norton 360 suppose to have it all. A high end computer protection software. Then read one person say Norton won't be able to catch everything. Please try Malwarebytes for FREE and see if it find anything. I thought it not a good idea to have 2 kinds of anti virus programs on the same computer. Because of conflicts and all.

A friend of mine has both Norton 360 and Malwarebytes on the same computer. I mentioned to my friend brother it not a good to have 2 programs doing protection. He said it was okay.

What is the deal?

Have a good day . . where ever you may be

HAPPY MOTHER DAY TO ANY MOTHERS ON HERE. DO NOT FORGET TO TELL YOU MOTHER HOW GREAT SHE IS AND SAY HAPPY MOTHER DAY TO HER. PUT A SMILE ON YOUR MOM'S FACE. BUY HER FLOWERS AND A CARD.

Kudos0

The FREE version of Malwarebytes' does not run in real time and so does not interfere with Norton.  The paid version, on the other hand does duplicate what Norton is doing at the same time that Norton is doing it, and so it would cause conflicts.  Scanning with the free version does not bother Norton and is a good way to check for anything that might have slipped under the radar - it is true that even the best of the AV programs do not detect 100% of the viruses in the wild, mostly due to new variants that are able to temporarily avoid detection.

Replies are locked for this thread.