• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

FixTDSS.exe needed, won't run

Norton Internet Security is telling me to run FixTDSS.exe.  I downloaded it and when I try to run it the system sits and spins for quite a while and finally comes up with "The dependency service or group failed to start."  No further infoermation is offered, and I can't get it to run - I've shut down all apps, don't know what else to try.  I tried downloading it again, same result.  I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated - my system is in desperate need of assistance!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: FixTDSS.exe needed, won't run

Hi

Has Norton Detected Tidserv rootkit in your system ?

You can Try running Kaspersky`s TDSS Killer.

I recommend you wait for other`s Advice,

Midou
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

Downloaded the latest version of TDSSKiller, ran it... and after a LONG time of watching the spinner, the system came back with the SAME errore that FixTDSS displayed "The dependency service or group failed to start."  Hopefully someone has seen this error before and can tell me what's missing??

Kudos0

Needed to reboot before starting up TDSSKiller - found the *@&$^ culprit and removed it.  All systems go now - thank you!

Kudos0

Thanks to Quads for always knowing the answer.   Glad you are back in business.  You can use Malwarebytes for a cross check to see if any leftovers are on the machine, as well as a full system scan with Norton.  Rootkits do like to download friends from low places.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain

Replies are locked for this thread.