• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton 360 deleted my Thunderbird inbox and all my email. How do I get it back.

I had the upsnotify.exe malware in an email and Norton removed my entire inbox.  I need to located the deleted file and restore it sho I can get me email back.   Does anywone know how to do that?

Thanks for the help.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 deleted my Thunderbird inbox and all my email. How do I get it back.

I had the upsnotify.exe malware in an email and Norton removed my entire inbox.  I need to located the deleted file and restore it sho I can get me email back.   Does anywone know how to do that?

Thanks for the help.

Kudos0

Re: Norton 360 deleted my Thunderbird inbox and all my email. How do I get it back.

Kudos1

Hi fivecoopers,

Here are specific instructions from Mozilla on how to recover a quarantined Inbox.  Quarantine is found in the Norton Security History using the "Show" dropdown box to select "Quarantine."  You should also look at the threads suggested by yogesh_mohan, as there is a lot of information about precautions that you might want to take in the future, such as excluding the Inbox from scans.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Anti-virus_Software#Recovering_a_quarantined_Inbox

Kudos0

Thanks for the information.  I did not realize that 360 would delete the entire in box. I'll exclude it now.   I'll check the quarantine history again.  When Iooked there I did not see it although the scan history indicated that 360 had removed the file.

The funnny thing is it keep deleting the inbox everytime it runs.  It's like it thinks the virus is still there even though in deleted the file.

Kudos0

If you have not compacted your folders after deleting the malicious file, then the message is only hidden - not removed - from the Inbox.  It is still there, so Norton continues to find it.

Kudos1

To avoid Norton from deleting the whole Inbox, you need to configure Thunderbox accordingly to delete only the infected email:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Download_each_e-mail_to_a_separate_file_before_adding_to_Inbox

Yogesh

Replies are locked for this thread.