• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Trojan.Gen.2 virus help

I had a warning flash up on my norton internet security 2011 saying that this virus had been detected and quarantined. Im a little confused as to whether i need to take further action even though my norton is saying no further action required.

Why was the virus detected? Is it still on my computer and can it do any damage even though its quarantined?

Do i have to do anything else?

Cheers for any help.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Trojan.Gen.2 virus help

I had a warning flash up on my norton internet security 2011 saying that this virus had been detected and quarantined. Im a little confused as to whether i need to take further action even though my norton is saying no further action required.

Why was the virus detected? Is it still on my computer and can it do any damage even though its quarantined?

Do i have to do anything else?

Cheers for any help.

Kudos0

Hello industryspark

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

You can always use an on demand scan with the free version of Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware to see if they come up with anything. If they come up with anything else, it might be indicative of a worse type of malware.

Download the free version, install and update then run a FULL scan. After the scan completes you should post the logs back to this thread.

You can find Malwarebytes here

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

It is a safer location to get the program from than malwarebytes themselves because some malware creators have large lists of sites that they block. Please be careful to down load the correct program ----the FREE version of MALWAREBYTES

(Thanks to Delph for providing the alternative site)

Here is a free on demand antimalware scanner. It is safe to use on demand with your Norton product.

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Here is another site you can use to get the program.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_superantispyware/

The download button is on the right hand side. Please be careful not to download Spyware Doctor which is on the left side. Also, please don't forget to update the program each time before use of it. In fact you can update it every day just in case some malware may prevent you from updating it.

Please do come back and let us know if anything else was found. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.
Kudos0

Thanks for the help the both of you. Its much appreciatted.

I already have Maliware Bytes on my laptop as a back up scanner. I made sure i had the latest updates for this and ran it last night - thankfully it came up with nothing. I also ran live update for the norton and did a full system scan, thankfully this showed nothing either.

Im presuming that my laptop is 'clean' therefore and that Norton thankfully did its job - the fact that it stopped this one virus (and therefore a lot of hassle) makes it worth the subscription fee alone in my opinion.

I will certainly have a look at the links provided for future consideration.

Again, many thanks.

Kudos0

Hey, if norton have quarantine the virus on your computer, and it has been no problem with that, you are protected and norton have done its job.

should be no damage to your computer.

if you want to sure that its no more Trojan on your computer, Run a Full System Scan on your computer, but before you do that, run first Liveupdate to get the latest protection updates, you will found Liveupdate if you open the main window.

I recommend that you run a Full system scan on your computer, once a week

Trojan.Gen.2 is a detection technology that detects entirely new malware/virus/trojan/worm.

Here are a link with more information about Trojan.Gen.2

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/detected_writeup.jsp?name=Trojan.Gen.2

I hope this answer your questions.

if you have any more questions, use the same topic in Norton community.

Replies are locked for this thread.