• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Download Manager is taking a long, long time..Help please.

I renewed Norton a few hours ago to Norton 360 vers5 and let the program run.  When I returned home it was partially downloaded at about 18% with an error.

I attempted to do a "re-download", but I get the message "Another (Norton) Download Manager is already running- please wait until it finishes and try again".

This download manager has been running for an hour or so. The download manager shouldn't take this long- right?

Also, to confirm that the product was not downloaded/installed earlier, I visited the product download page (using my acct login info and product key etc) and there is a "red" labeled- "product not downloaded yet" warning.

So, Is something keeping the download manager from working properly? And if so, how did the main product get to 18% before?

I'm  confused...

Any help is appreciated.  Thankyou

Replies

Kudos1

Re: Download Manager is taking a long, long time..Help please.

CyberLife-  Thanks for the reply.

I tried "NPE" (Norton Pwr Eraser) first, and that fixed everything in about 10 minutes!  Looks like it took care of the download manager issue and the product download in one shot.

good luck.

Kudos0

I renewed Norton a few hours ago to Norton 360 vers5 and let the program run.  When I returned home it was partially downloaded at about 18% with an error.

I attempted to do a "re-download", but I get the message "Another (Norton) Download Manager is already running- please wait until it finishes and try again".

This download manager has been running for an hour or so. The download manager shouldn't take this long- right?

Also, to confirm that the product was not downloaded/installed earlier, I visited the product download page (using my acct login info and product key etc) and there is a "red" labeled- "product not downloaded yet" warning.

So, Is something keeping the download manager from working properly? And if so, how did the main product get to 18% before?

I'm  confused...

Any help is appreciated.  Thankyou

Kudos0

Good to know. Gives us the confidence to try NPE on more and more cases.

CyberLife :)
Kudos0

Can you try downloading using the direct download links:

Norton 360 (Standard)  www.norton.com/n360s_5

Norton 360 Premier  www.norton.com/n360p_5

CyberLife :)

Replies are locked for this thread.