• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

File called pev.exe

I received a message this morning concerning a file called pev.exe, did not think much about it but am now wondering what it is? 

I was running Combofix. 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: File called pev.exe

Hello AuxanceBouchard

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum

You should not be using a tool such as Combofix unless you are an expert at computer repair and malware removal. You have to be an expert at malware removal and have the knowledge of what every file on your computer does and what is safe and what isn't. You have to know what malware is and what it can do to your computer and you have to be able to keep up with all the changes to malware which occurs every second.

Since you have had to ask about a file, I don't think you should be using that program or attempt to use it unless you are under the supervision of a malware removal site. If you suspect that you have malware on your computer which needs the expertise of one of the removal sites , we can recommend a few of them.

For starts, can you please give us some basic information? What operatingy system and service pack are you using and is it 32 or 64 bit please? What Norton product are you using and what is the version of the product.?

Why are you using Combofix? Can you please describe to us the symptoms you are having with your computer and perhaps we can assist you with that if no damage has been done by combofix.? What is the name of the malware and what have you done so far trying to remove what ever you have on your computer? Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.
Kudos0

I received a message this morning concerning a file called pev.exe, did not think much about it but am now wondering what it is? 

I was running Combofix. 

Kudos0

Go to start>run and type in Combofix /u.  There is a space after Combofix.  This will remove ComboFix and its files from the machine.  ComboFix is a specialized tool.  It should not be kept on the machine if not actually being used. 

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain

Replies are locked for this thread.