• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Question about the kind of memory I need

Notron is telling me that I need to purchase more momory as my computer has none left. But, my question is what KIND of momory is it that they are trying to sell me?

I thought that the only way to ADD memory  to a computer was to purchase more RAM which is a piece of "physical" material that you insert in your machine. Is that the kind of memory that Notron is talking about?  Please, help me understand this. I don't mind spending the money, but don't want to waste it by getting something I don't need if I get more RAM.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Question about the kind of memory I need

Having a lot of RAM memory is always useful, but if you are not having any problems running the programs you want, you dont need more RAM. As mentioned, I think Norton is telling you than a certain program is using a lot of memory (is so, it's more of a notification than a warning that something is really wrong). There is no function in Norton that tells a user he or she needs to purchase more memory.

Kudos0

Ezinewriter wrote:

Notron is telling me that I need to purchase more momory as my computer has none left. But, my question is what KIND of momory is it that they are trying to sell me?

I thought that the only way to ADD memory  to a computer was to purchase more RAM which is a piece of "physical" material that you insert in your machine. Is that the kind of memory that Notron is talking about?  Please, help me understand this. I don't mind spending the money, but don't want to waste it by getting something I don't need if I get more RAM.

An additional point to consider BEFORE you spend any money on RAM sticks -do you have a place to put them?

My system has 4 slots for memory and they are all full. If I need/want more RAM I will have to remove some to make way for more Not sure what the market is for used memory.

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Kudos0

Thank you all for your feedbacks.

Kudos0

Kudos0

HI Ezinewriter

Welcome to the Norton Community Forums

I think it is more likely that Norton is showing a warning that you are low on memory due to the number of programs you have open and running.

Please let us know the hardware and software details of your PC and provide some information as to what you had oen and running at the time Norton showed the message.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

Replies are locked for this thread.