• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Disk optimisation. Drive C busy, retry later

Hi there,

just finished running a full scan.  Norton disk optimisation is showing "Drive C Busy, retry later".  Any ideas why this is?  Just read somwhere that this could be a sign of my hardrive packing in.  Hope not.  There should be plenty of space as I save everything on to a flash drive.

I would put a screenshot up but I'm not to sure as to how to do this after I've used the snipping tool to take a pic of the window.  I have tried though so hopefully it works and you can see what I'm talking about.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance all.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Disk optimisation. Drive C busy, retry later

Norton doesn't have a native defrag utilities. It only calls the defrag one by Windows when you do Disk Optimization...

Best of luck!Neil*please click on the star when a post resolves your issue*
Kudos0

They do in norton utilities.  They brought back Speed Disk.   I don't have Norton Utilities.  Though I did years ago.

Kudos0

Do you have any other defragmenting software like Diskkeeper installed in your computer? if you have, then remove it and then run Disk Optimization.

You can also try the following:

1. Do one of the following:
     For Windows Vista: Click Start, and then click All Programs > Accessories > Run.
     For Windows XP: Click Start > Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, type the following, and then press Enter after each item:
    regsvr32 dfrgsnap.dll
    regsvr32 dfrgui.dll
3. Restart the computer.

CyberLife :)
Kudos0

If the problem persists even after you perform the steps as suggested by CyberLife, try the solution from the following thread:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Drive-B-Other-Error/m-p/451992

Let us know the results.

Yogesh

Replies are locked for this thread.