• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Why is my Laptop so slow after installing Norton 360 v5??

Hi, I'm in need of some advice and help from those of you who understand how computers/laptops work. I've recently installed nortons 360 v5 on my laptop and home pc and have had issues. Firstly my laptop is very very slow and sometimes it just crashes. It also won't allow me onto certain sites that I've always used which are safe sites (auction listing sites). Can anyone help? Would be greatly appreciated.

Also, my laptop is around 10 months old and has windows 7.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Why is my Laptop so slow after installing Norton 360 v5??

Hi, I'm in need of some advice and help from those of you who understand how computers/laptops work. I've recently installed nortons 360 v5 on my laptop and home pc and have had issues. Firstly my laptop is very very slow and sometimes it just crashes. It also won't allow me onto certain sites that I've always used which are safe sites (auction listing sites). Can anyone help? Would be greatly appreciated.

Also, my laptop is around 10 months old and has windows 7.

Kudos0

Hello noidea and welcome to the Community.  Don't be too surprised when you find your Post has been moved to the Norton 360 Forum, people used to working with 360 will be better able to help you.  You will find a note that your post has been moved and the location it was moved to.  While you are waiting for help, would you tell us what is your PC's Operating System and any Service Packs. 

Kudos0

Hi, Thankyou for your response. I'm not sure where i can find details for my operating system. I hope this helps: windows 7 Home Premium, Toshiba Notebook, Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 2 Dual-Core M320 2.10GHz, 32-bit Operating system. I am rather clueless when it comes to computers. I know that it's norton 360 v5 causing these issues because I had no problems when I had norton 360 v4. It all happened when I installed v5.

Kudos0

Hello again noidea and that was a pretty good description for someone that is clueless.  I don't know 360 but it sure sounds like something happened during the install process.  Hopefully someone in the 360 Forum will be able to help you. 

Kudos0

I hope so :) I've just been so frustrated that I started clicking onto everything and that's how I came across the details lol..

Kudos0

This may be because the Version 4 is not completely removed during the install process. It would be good if you can run the Norton Removal Tool to completely wipe out the Norton product and reinstall it. You can find the Norton Removal Tool:

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=kb20100802154251EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Restart the computer and then reinstall the Norton product.

CyberLife :)
Kudos0

The next time you need some system information, try holding down one of the Windows keys (next to the ALT key) and then press the pause key.  This should bring up a System Properties Screen with a lot of information about your system.  Remember to look but don't touch or change anything. 

Kudos0

Hi noidea,

Do you have any other security programs running on your system?

Kudos0

SendOfJive - Would it help any, to get this moved to the 360 forum?

Kudos0

I've flagged a move to a moderator .......

Hugh

Replies are locked for this thread.