• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Pop-up blocker is not working. How do i enable it?

I accidentally turned off the ad blocker but i do want it. How do I enable that feature again. Running 360 5.0

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Pop-up blocker is not working. How do i enable it?

I accidentally turned off the ad blocker but i do want it. How do I enable that feature again. Running 360 5.0

Kudos1

Re: Pop-up blocker is not working. How do i enable it?

Hi Mustang68,

Welcome to Norton Community!

There is no pop-up/ad blocker feature in Norton 360 Version 5.0. If you have turned off the pop-blocker from your browser(Internet Explorer or Firefox), you have to enable it from the browser settings. In Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Content tab, and make sure that Block Pop-up windows is checked(enabled). In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab, and make sure that Turn on pop-up blocker is checked(enabled).

If the problem persists, please post a screenshot of the pop-ups you are getting. If you are getting false security alerts, it can be due to adware/spyware infection. You can download and run Norton Power Eraser tool :

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/DIY/index.jsp

Go for Rootkit Scan and Restart the computer. Check if it detects any threats and if it does, please provide us the filename and other details.

Yogesh

Replies are locked for this thread.