• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

uninstall any non-Symantec security product

I unistalled McAfee but "uninstall any non-Symantec security product" keeps coming up. How do identify what to uninstall?

Also, why aren't my passwords working?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: uninstall any non-Symantec security product

Antivirus products are very deep in the operating system, and sticky.  Each usually has its own particular removal tool.  You will need to use the McAfee removal tool and reboot.

http://community.mcafee.com/message/91357#91357

Unfortunately, your installation of N360 may have been corrupted.  If it doesn't work correctly, you may need to reinstall it as well.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

Welcome,

To add a note to Delphinium's message

If your 360 doesn't work after the removal using the mcafee tool. I agree you will have to uninstall and reinstall 360. Just to be sure that you only have to do it once do the control panel uninstall then download and use the Norton Removal Tool to be sure all of the Norton bits are gon as well. Then you can reboot and do a clean install of 360.

Yes, it's a pain but being lazy I've found it's still easier to do it once correctly than to have to do it over again - been there too

Let us know how it goes, we'll keep a light on

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos0

Where do you get this message? Do you receive any error code?

CyberLife :)
Kudos0

Hello redwoodtreasure

If you have to reinstall N360 after thoroughly removing any other security programs that might be listed add and remove or equivalent, you can follow the directions in this kb.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

Please come back and let us know how you made out. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.
Kudos0

I did a test run with that new Norton Remove and Reinstall tool on a N 360 installation on Windows 7 64 bit and it ran very smoothly.

Took out the old installation and then downloaded and installed the new .....

Very neat for a simple tool instead of the older Norton Removal Tool and then all the downloading ........

Hugh

Replies are locked for this thread.