• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

jucheck.exe from unknown publisher not from JAVA

A few weeks ago my mom's computer got the jucheck.exe virus on it. I was able to delete the jucheck.exe program, but not the temp file it created. A few days later, Norton found the temp file and quarantined it.  Yesterday the same jucheck.exe program popped up on the computer. Once again I was able to delete it, but not the temp file it created. When I try to delete it a window pops up and says "This action can't be completed because the file is open in Bulletstorm." I also got a warning from Norton saying that there is high CPU usage from BulletStorm, which I have no idea what it is. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks

Replies

Kudos0

Re: jucheck.exe from unknown publisher not from JAVA

A few weeks ago my mom's computer got the jucheck.exe virus on it. I was able to delete the jucheck.exe program, but not the temp file it created. A few days later, Norton found the temp file and quarantined it.  Yesterday the same jucheck.exe program popped up on the computer. Once again I was able to delete it, but not the temp file it created. When I try to delete it a window pops up and says "This action can't be completed because the file is open in Bulletstorm." I also got a warning from Norton saying that there is high CPU usage from BulletStorm, which I have no idea what it is. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks

Kudos0

Hi State_alum,

i) If you keep on getting the message says that Norton found the virus - quarantined it and again you are seeing this message.. then ran the Norton Power Eraser tool and it can be download from this link http://www.norton.com/npe

ii) When you are getting high CPU usage warning - click on the details and try to find out the root cause of the message.

If you feel that the message is because of a trusted application, you can choose the option "Dont alert for this file", else check the file trust level and then necessary actions.

Let me know If you have the issue..!!!!

K Ramachandran, Norton One Support Advisor
Kudos0

Norton found the temp file that the jucheck.exe created the first time, but hasn't found it this time yet. I've tried to delete it, but it won't let me.

I did click on more info when the CPU window popped up and went to locate this file. That's how I found out that the temp file was created (but can't be deleted). It also said that fewer than 5 norton users use this file and that it is new and less than a week old.

Kudos0

Bulletstorm is a first-person shooter game.  Check in add/remove programs to see if you can uninstall it.  Removing the game may solve the problem if that is what is making use of the jucheck.exe.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain

Replies are locked for this thread.