• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

how to recover my norton account?

how do i recover my norton account?

previous i saved my norton account login info , the email account login info associated all in the identity safe profile

but i accidentally delete away the identity safe profile

guess i am screwed up now , there is nothing i can do to recover my norton account right ?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: how to recover my norton account?

how do i recover my norton account?

previous i saved my norton account login info , the email account login info associated all in the identity safe profile

but i accidentally delete away the identity safe profile

guess i am screwed up now , there is nothing i can do to recover my norton account right ?

Kudos1

Hi,

If you had taken the backup of the Identity Safe Profile prior to deletion of the Identity Safe Profile then you can import it after creating a new Identity Safe Profile for the same Norton Account.

Backup file should be in any of these 3 formats, DAT, CSV or NPM.

Steps:-

1) Check whether you have the backup file in any of these 3 formats listed above.

2) Create a new Online Identity Safe Profile.

3) Open "Settings"->"Web Settings" and click "Configure" link pertaining to "Import Identity Safe Data".

4) Click "Browse" button and select the backup fille which you have.

5) Run the Import.

*If you had deleted the Identity Safe Profile and dont have a backup file then you cannot retrieve the Identity Safe Data.

Browse to "mynortonaccount.com" and click "recover it here" link enter the Norton Account email ID. A new temporary password will be sent to your Norton Account Mail ID.

Kudos1

hi i think i never export any data or so.

the only thing i can do to verify my norton account is my previous password. cause i saved it in brower login profile.

so i guess i am screwed already?

Kudos0

is there any email address for norton help desk that i can sent to?

i can provide my credit card no , which i used to purchase the NIS 2011 online with the norton account

Kudos0

Hi,

Can you try customer support      http://www.norton.com/chat

Kudos0

ok thanks i will give it a try

normally how long do i have to wait in the chat room?

Kudos0

Click on the "recover it" link on the norton account sign in page to get back your access to Norton Account

Kudos0

Hi ,

If you want to recover nortonaccount password alone

1.Go to www.mynortonaccount.com

2.Click sign in

3.Click recover in forgot password and provide email id which you have registered with norton account.

4.New password for norton account will be sent to you email id

But if you have deleted the online vault without having the backup data, you can't  retrieve it.

Thanks,

Senthil

Kudos0

i forget my email password too. i saved everytihng in the profile

guess i am screwed

Kudos0

Hello timboyboy,

Sorry to hear your problem.

Even if you recover your Norton Account, you will not be able to get your Identity Safe profile data, since you have deleted it without taking a back up of the profile.

Thanks,

Umai

Kudos0

If you have not taken a backup of the identity safe data, there is no way to get back your details.

Please try to use the forget password options for all the sites you need access to. And next time please do remember to take backup of the identity safe data frequently. Sorry that we cannot help you.

Kudos0

if i export into a file and save in my hard disk , is it secured?

Kudos0

Yes it is secured.

Kudos0

Hi,

It is better to export it into a .DAT file and password protect it. So that you can restore the file only with that password and even if some other person gets your back up file, he will not be able to restore your data.

Thanks,

Umai

Kudos0

timboyboy wrote:

yes it is extremely secured. The file has multilevel encryption and you can also protect that file with a password of your choice for extra security

Kudos0

i see.

i saw under settings , there is this edit note option

it allow me to add notes , so i can add important info inside and protect it?

Kudos0

Yes you can save your important notes . its save and highly secured

Kudos0

timboyboy wrote:

i see.

i saw under settings , there is this edit note option

it allow me to add notes , so i can add important info inside and protect it?

Yes. It can be used to save your important data like SSN number/Passport number/Bank account number Etc, Which we generally tend to save in the notepad(unsecured) file

Additional reference on backup/restore identity safe data

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/1.6/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?pvid=f-nis-cur&version=current&product=Norton+Internet+Security&lg=english&ct=united+states&entsrc=redirect_pubweb&partner=&ispid=&partner=&docid=v10327252_NIS_Retail_2012_en_us

However exporting the data in plain text format is not secured. This should be used only if you can take the responsibility of having the file safe.

Kudos0

i see , thank you so much sorry to trouble you guys

i have one admin accoutn and one user account

is the identity profile shared across or used differently and seperately from each account

Kudos0

If you have online idenity profile it can be shared across multiple account/multiple machines with same noton account

Kudos0

timboyboy wrote:

i see , thank you so much sorry to trouble you guys

is the identity profile shared across or used differently and seperately from each account

The identity safe local profile is one for each windows account.

Read this to know more about Local and Online vaults.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/1.6/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?pvid=f-nis-cur&version=current&product=Norton+Internet+Security&lg=english&ct=united+states&entsrc=redirect_pubweb&partner=&ispid=&partner=&docid=v23920623_NIS_Retail_2012_en_us

Kudos0

timboynoy wrote:

Hi,

Identity Safe profile stored locally  is not shared with different Windows users. Each Windows user account has one Identity Profile Identity Safe profile stored locally.

In addition to this, a user can store his Profile Online through his Norton account. This Identity Safe profile can be accessed from different windows user accounts as well as from different machines.

Hope this clarifies!

Thanks,

Umai

Kudos0

timboyboy wrote:

tim,

You have been told correctly that the exported file is secured but that means it is encrypted so noone else can read it.

However remember that you are not protected against the loss of that file when your hard drive crshes (it will crash; it's not IF it crashes) or something wipes out your hard drive (like some mistake or invasion)

So to be rotected you MUST save that encrypted file OFF the hard drive of your computer -- onto a thrumdrive that you keep in a safe place and that you lock against being wiped and don't use for anything else as well as onto a CD that you keep somewhere else.

Neruotic? Well do you want to go through all of this again?

Hugh

Replies are locked for this thread.