• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

sync identity safe with other computer

sync identity safe  with other computer.How does it work?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: sync identity safe with other computer

Hi Gena.

At first let me know whether you are trying to transfer the Identity Safe data to your another computer ?

RegardsSym_KeN
Kudos0

gena wrote:

sync identity safe  with other computer.How does it work?

Move Identity Safe Data Online

NIS21.6 VistaSP2 FF33 IE9 Compaq A931NR
Kudos0

Hi,Sym_KeN

Kudos0

If the Identity safe is configured on your computer ( Local Vault ) , try this.

>> At first create a backup of Identity Profile that you created.

>> From Norton 360 > Identity Protection > Manage Identity Protection > Back Up Identiy Safe Data

>> Name it as IDBackup and select the location as Desktop. In Desktop you can see the file IDBackup.NPM or IDBackup.Dat

>> Copy that file to a Flash Drive.

>> Plug In the same to your 2nd computer.

>> Create a new profile under Identity Safe.

>> Select Restore Identity Safe Data and select the location as your Flas Drive > IDBackup.NPM.

>> Click on Okay.

If the Identity safe is configured online Vault, you can login using your Norton Account credentials and you can access Online Vault.

Let me know the status.

RegardsSym_KeN
Kudos0

Hi gena,

Since you are asking about syncing of Identity Safe data using Norton Account, I hope you are asking about the Identity Safe data stored in cloud.

If you have NIS 2012, in both these machines, then you can use the 'Identity Safe in Cloud' feature. ie., You can store your Identity Safe data in cloud from one computer and can access the same from the other computer.

1. To do this, you will have to create an Online vault(Online Identity Safe Profile) associated with a Norton Account. 

Create Online vault

2. Now login to the same Norton Account which you used in previous step in machine 2. (Main UI -> Settings -> Web          Settings  -> Login to Identity Safe -> At the bottom right, click on 'Login to Norton Account').

3. You will see that you already have a vault associated with this Norton Account. Now, you can provide your Online Identity            Safe profile password and login to your vault.

Your IDSafe data will get synced between these two machines automatically.

If you do not have NIS 2012 in any one of these machines, then as said by Sym_Ken ,  taking a back up in one machine and restoring it in the other machine should be done.

Let me know, if this helps. 

Thanks,

Umai

Kudos0

Hi,umaislvi

I followed steps as per your instructions, but on the second computer does not automatically synchronize data

Kudos0

gena wrote:

Hi,umaislvi

I followed steps as per your instructions, but on the second computer does not automatically synchronize data

re: I followed steps as per your instructions [...]

Which instructions.   Please link to / point to instruction you followed. 

Have you created an online vault.

Are you able to access your newly created online vault from the second computer. 

I believe "automatically synchronize" means ...ID Safe data stored in your online vault is available to both computers.  Your local vault was permanently removed.  Data from your local vault was moved to your online vault.  

quote:

You can create one local vault for each Windows user account.

In addition to the local vault that you create on a Windows user account, you can also save your Identity Safe data in online vault. The Identity Safe data is stored in online vault using your Norton Account.

You can access the Identity Safe data that you stored online from any computer that meets the following criteria:

• The latest version of Norton Internet Security must be installed.

• The computer must be connected to the Internet.

• You can create only one online vault for a Norton Account.

NIS21.6 VistaSP2 FF33 IE9 Compaq A931NR

Replies are locked for this thread.