• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Problems to backup/restore raid 10 arrays with Ghost 15

I am a Ghost 15.0 user and am satisfied with its performance BEFORE I setup a Raid 10 arrays.  I used to backup/restore the required drive by booting up with the Custom Recovery Disk (created under the Win 7x64 environment). 

Recently, I set up a Raid 10 arrays (4 hard disks) with a hardware raid controller (LSI 9265-8i).  When I boot up the computer with the CRD, I can't find the virtual drives under the raid 10 arrays.  So I have to run Ghost under Win 7 environment.  I encounter no problem in backup a Raid 10 virtual drive and save it in a normal hard disk.  However, when I want to restore the the backups to the virtual drive, there is no other destination drive for me to choose except the OS drive (drive C).  After some searching, I find from the "advance" box and get the "backup history" and luckily restore the data to the raid array. 

My question/problems are:

(i) how can I make a CRD which can recognise the raid arrays to make it my source or destination drive?

(ii) why can't Ghost 15.0 (under Win 7 environment) allow the user to decide the destination drive (other than drive c) to restore their backups?

Thanks.

ckn

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Problems to backup/restore raid 10 arrays with Ghost 15

Welcome,

I can't answer your first question but the second one depends on how you configure the backup, not the restore. There's a place to allow the backup to be restored to another location that must be enabled [checked] before you are allowed to restore to a different drive.

One of the experts will stop by to provide assistance on that first question. I haven't tried to use Ghost in that configuration.

Sorry

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU
Kudos2

Problem solved now.

Previously I mistook that the Ghost Custom Recovery Disk (CRD) runs under Linux or other environment; but now I find that it actually runs under Windows PE environment.  So when I created the CRD again I added LSI's windows 32-bit driver.  Now, when I boot up with the CRD, the Raid's virtual drives can be detected and I could backup/restore smoothly as before --- choosing any drive as "source drive" / "destination drive".

Thanks.

Kudos0

CKN wrote:

Problem solved now.

Previously I mistook that the Ghost Custom Recovery Disk (CRD) runs under Linux or other environment; but now I find that it actually runs under Windows PE environment.  So when I created the CRD again I added LSI's windows 32-bit driver.  Now, when I boot up with the CRD, the Raid's virtual drives can be detected and I could backup/restore smoothly as before --- choosing any drive as "source drive" / "destination drive".

Thanks.

CKN

Glad to read that all is well. Need your assistance now. Please select a message and click on the 'solved' button so that all will know that this thread is completed.

Thanks

Dick Win7x64 SP1 current NSBU

Replies are locked for this thread.