• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

Error Code 3039, 65543

Hi,

I have Windows 7 and I've been using Norton for a few months now. Never had any problems until today. This error code (as posted in subject line) keeps showing up. I restarted my computer and after about two minutes, the error code popped up again. I checked my system and there are no other security programs on my computer. I contacted support via email as well.

Thanks for any help.

-CT

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Error Code 3039, 65543

I did actually run live update. I tried quite a few times. I even restarted my computer in safe mode and ran the power eraser, as suggested by another thread. I still have the problem. Every time I start my comp up, Norton is fine for a few mins and then the error code shows up. How do I go about uninstalling and reinstalling it? What are the consequences of doing that; will I have to pay for the program again, and will the remaining time of my subscription be changed?

Kudos0

You will not have to pay for the program again, and your subscription days will automatically be recognized when you reinstall this way. Here are the step-by-step directions....

1. Export your Identity Safe cards/credentials to your desktop if you've set these up, so you'll be able to import them back in when your clean install is complete.
  2. Make sure that you have set up (and can still access) your Norton Account, and that your current Norton 360 subscription is showing under the "Products" tab, with a big yellow "Download" button at right; this is how you will reinstall your Norton product and have it linked automatically to your subscription.
  3. Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to ensure a complete uninstall of your existing Norton product. This is necessary because of the extent to which a security package needs to have its tendrils deeply intertwined throughout the Operating System to do its job. Do not simply uninstall from Windows Control Panel; this is likely to leave debris behind that may interfere with proper operation of your Norton product.
  4. Once the Norton Removal Tool has finished, reboot your computer and immediately log back into your Norton Account and click that big yellow Download button. Remember, until you do this, you are temporarily without your Norton protection.

This last step will reinstall Norton 360 and link it automatically to your existing subscription. You should now be back in business, protected by "the speed and power of Norton!"

Please let us know how this works out. We're here to support you until you can click that "Accept as Solution" button!

Kudos1

Moved to own thread for better exposure.
Kudos0

Hi,

I have Windows 7 and I've been using Norton for a few months now. Never had any problems until today. This error code (as posted in subject line) keeps showing up. I restarted my computer and after about two minutes, the error code popped up again. I checked my system and there are no other security programs on my computer. I contacted support via email as well.

Thanks for any help.

-CT

Kudos0

Hi, CT,

We have seen this error here a couple of times--but it's been resolved in radically different ways. What I'd suggest you try first, per this thread, is manually running Live Update until it tells you that you have the most current updates, then reboot your PC and see if that clears it (it did for the OP).

If that doesn't work in your case, the other solution that has cleared this involved removing your Norton software, then reinstalling a clean copy. This is a slightly more involved process than it might seem--you should not simply uninstall a security product from Windows Control Panel--but it's still pretty straightforward, and I have written detailed instructions in other threads that I can refer you to should we get to that point.

First, though, try the first (Live Update) route, and let us know whether that does the trick!

Replies are locked for this thread.