• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos1

Norton Confidential plug-in crashing NIS 2012 19.1.1.3 .!

Norton Confidential plugin is crashing in chrome .

Also Chrome is VERY SLOW (which neutralizes Chrome's advantage over other browsers) especially when multiple tabs are open.

Chrome is my default browser and I have this issue as well.

Norton Confidential crashes a few times each day.

I have the 19.1.1.3 patch installed on my NIS 2012 ....

And even after numerous complaints from your users , why aren't you providing a fix for this problem .??

BTW what does norton confidential plaugin do anyway .??

Replies

Kudos1

Re: Norton Confidential plug-in crashing NIS 2012 19.1.1.3 .!

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble you had faced. We are already aware of this issue and tracking it with a bug.

Norton Confidential supports following features:-

1) Identity Safe.  (Autofills your logins and fill forms)

2) Safe Web. (Blocks from Malicoious Sites and displays site ratings in search results of google.com, bing.com and yahoo.com)

3) AntiPhishing. (Protects against Suspecious sites, Fradulent sites)

Kudos0

So are you working on a fix , after the fact that the so called fix " 19.1.1.3" doesn't work .???

Norton confidential is making chrome chrash everytime ...!  

Kudos0

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble you are facing.

People are working on fix. Will update the thread once the fix is ready.

Kudos0

Is there a way to disable the plug-in without leaving my computer vulnerable? This is happening to me 3-4 times a day. It basically locks up my entire laptop for 10 minutes at a time.

Kudos0

If you disable "Norton ToolBar" as a whole in Chrome , then "Norton SafeWeb", "AntiPhishing" all these components will be disabled to. Please try turning OFF "Identity Safe" alone and check whether you are seeing this issue.

Safeweb:- Protects from Malicious Attackes.

AntiPhishing:- Protects from "Fradulent" and "Suspecious" sites.

Kudos0

I know I still have the issue when I'm not signed in to Identity Safe. I'll try your suggestion of turning it off and see what happens.

Kudos0

No more crashes since I turned Identity Safe off. I'll be glad when I can turn it back on, however.

Kudos1

Welp, guess this has turned into my own personal thread. Just crashed again, with Identity Safe turned off.

Kudos0

viveksu wrote:

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble you are facing.

People are working on fix. Will update the thread once the fix is ready.

You made this post more than 2 weeks ago. Is no one working on this problem?

Kudos0

Running NIS 19.2.0.10 and Chrome...Norton Confidential extension/plug-in keeps crashing.  Help.  It is also slowing down Chrome when it IS running.  Please release a fix for this or I am going to stop recommending your product.  

Kudos1

The 19.2 update included a fix for a crash in the Chrome toolbar.

But, if you get the more common "not responding error" from Chrome, this is a problem in Chrome, we logged the bug with Chromium in August, unfortunately it is still unresolved. 

For the issue you are experiencing, is it the not responding problem, or a crash problem?

If you can readily reproduce it, can you provide the URL's?

Regards

Pieter 

Kudos1

The problem is definitely with Identity Safe. I disabled it a few weeks ago on the advice of one of the mods. When I read PieterV's post that the problem had been solved with an update, I enabled Identity Safe this morning. My computer has been fubar most of the day. Running slower than slow and sluggish.

I don't know what web sites it has trouble with. I keep about 10 tabs open in Chrome all day running in the background.

Kudos0

Just to let you know, you're definitely not the only one with this problem. I'm seriously considering uninstalling Norton as a whole unless they can get this issue fixed soon. Norton isn't the only player in the security game, and certainly not the least expensive. Why am I paying so much for a dysfunctional security system?

Kudos0

I'm having exactly the same issue and I have noticed that it happens more often when using or browsing my "Google Reader". I noticed as well that since that plug-in was installed browsing thru Google reader has become really slow, I just turned off the 'Identity Safe' stuff and I noticed that now it's faster while browsing (loading images, text, etc). 

Kudos0

When ever I try to visit www.icicibank.com web page the Norton confidential plug in crashes, and this has happening for a very long time now, It is really frustrating that Norton has not resolved this plug in issue till now

Kudos0

We are as frustrated as you about this problem.

We have been waiting for Google to help fix the problem since August.

You can track the problem here: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=92374&

Pieter

Kudos0

Just an FYI.  I got a support tech this morning for the same issue.  He said he did not know enough about the product to help me.  I was stunned.

Kudos0

Hi T12,

Did you contact customer support through Symantec.com or Norton.com?  If you used a search engine you may have actually been connected to a third-party tech support site that had no affiliation with Symantec.  We've seen a lot of that lately - complaints about rude reps, outrageous charges, etc. - and it usually turns out that the support center involved was not the genuine article.

Kudos0

I when to help via the NIS help menu selection.

Kudos0

I am having the exact same problem. And I have a fully-updated version of NIS.  I will follow the suggestion to disable the toolbar and see if that helps.  Right now, Confidential is crashing Chrome at least 4 times a day for me.

Kudos1

New computer.

Two month free version of Norton comes with it.

Norton Confidential keeps crashing.

Apparently this has been a problem for quite some time.

Why on earth would I pay money for your program when problems like this go unsolved.

Please don't blame Google, or provide the history of the problem.  Not interested.

FIX IT.  

Kudos0

I, too, am having this frustrating problem!  I had a 60 day trial with Norton & it just expired recently!  I had NO problem with this Norton Confidential crashing 'til I installed Norton Internet Security that I received as a Christmas gift from my son who also has it!  This crashing & Google Chrome crashing right along with it is getting more frequent!  I am getting, so, frustrated.  I want to install it on my desktop, but am afraid to!  I can have up to 3 computers with this software!  I have AVG Free on my desktop & have been satisfied with it, but my son says to use Norton!!  I am not, so, sure about that at this point!  Reading through these comments, yhis has been going on for a VERY long time.  TIME TO FIX IT NORTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos0

This post has been moved to the forum devoted to Norton 360.

Replies are locked for this thread.