• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

554 Transaction Failed: Cannot send message due to possible abuse

When I use outlook to send a message or reply to a message I am getting a

554 Transaction Failed:  Cannot send message due to possible abuse;  please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information.

I can't believe this is a Yahoo error because I can log into my yahoo account and send just fine.  I only get this error when trying to send from my outlook.  (I am receiving emails though)

I have windows 7

Any ideas?  I have scoured the internet trying to find any answers but so far I don't see anything about this particular problem.

Julie

Replies

Kudos1

Re: 554 Transaction Failed: Cannot send message due to possible abuse

Hi epsuinc,

Possible causes include sending more than the allowed number of messages within a specified time, or your ISP may have assigned you a new IP address that was blacklisted due to a previous user sending spam.  There are many reasons you could be getting this error and checking with Yahoo would be the first thing you ought to do.

Kudos0

I did send the form in to Yahoo and have not heard back.

I can go onto Yahoo and send emails just fine without that message.  I only get blocked when using outlook

Kudos0

Hello epsuinc

Have you tried turning off the Office Scan in your Norton product to see if that helps?  When you go into Yahoo, you are using a web based program. When you go into Outlook, then it's not a web-based problem. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Replies are locked for this thread.