• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Excel email attachment deleted because it is too large...

I am trying to send an 18Mb Spreadsheet that is zipped using WinZip, from Outlook 2010. When the recipient receives the email the file is stripped and the message reads:

This message has been processed by Symantec's AntiVirus Technology.

[Filename].xls was deleted because it is too large.

For more information on antivirus tips and technology, visit http://ses.symantec.com/

Please let me know if there is a setting I can change in Norton 360? I keep ending up having to "talk with Nathan" who doesn't understand me! :(

Thanks

Jodi

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Excel email attachment deleted because it is too large...

I am trying to send an 18Mb Spreadsheet that is zipped using WinZip, from Outlook 2010. When the recipient receives the email the file is stripped and the message reads:

This message has been processed by Symantec's AntiVirus Technology.

[Filename].xls was deleted because it is too large.

For more information on antivirus tips and technology, visit http://ses.symantec.com/

Please let me know if there is a setting I can change in Norton 360? I keep ending up having to "talk with Nathan" who doesn't understand me! :(

Thanks

Jodi

Kudos2

Norton consumer products don't add messages to emails.  Either your ISP or the recipiants is using the commercial version of Symantec AV to scan the mail.

Norton and Symantec products don't care how big a file may be, if the file is being stripped then it's being done by one of the ISP's involved.  You could verify that by disabling your outgoing email scanning, I'm sure the results would be the same.

How big is the file compressed?

Dave

Edit-  First try sending the attachment to yourself.  If you can send and recieve it and it comes back without any messages then the problem is not on your end.  Then maybe your recipiant has another email address you can try.

Kudos0

...and if the problem is with the ISP/email provider at your end, you might be able to get the file through successfully by sending it from a different e-mail account, if you have one.

Kudos1

A very large file can also be uploaded to one of the free sharing sights, passworded, and just the link and password forwarded to the correct address.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain

Replies are locked for this thread.