• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Kudos0

How to download Norton Toolbar 2011.7.2.3 when my Firefox damaged fatally?

My Firexox damaged so fatally, that I'м forced to uninstall it and then install from scratch, i.e. without my preferences, it means that all toolbars, addons etc. I will install one-by-one manually.

As I know, the Norton installed this Toolbar earlier.

My question is: if I'll uninstall Firefox and then will install it from scratch will Norton install its Toolbar when I invoke it, or I need to download this toolbar by myself?

If I need to download it by myself, where can I find it?

It is very important for me.

Thank you

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How to download Norton Toolbar 2011.7.2.3 when my Firefox damaged fatally?

Hello difabor and welcome!

The Norton Toolbar should not be affected by uninstalling and then re-installing Firefox.

Upon the first start of Firefox after re-installing, the Norton Toolbar should be available.  However, if you are installing Firefox 8, the default has changed and all add-ons are disabled on first start.  You will have to enable the Norton Tool Bar and Symantec IPS from the list.

One other point.  If you are using NIS 2011, the newest version of the Norton Toolbar for Firefox is 2011.7.3.6 which should have been delivered via LIveUpdate to your Norton product.

And in answer to your last question, the Norton Toolbar is integrated into the product and there is no separate download for just the Toolbar.

Hope that helps!

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Thank you for respond, Phil_D!

But unfortunately I didn't understand where will I get this list.

I intend to install FireFox from scratch, i.e. my list of add-ons (as I think) will be empty after installing.

Probably, I didn't understand you properly, but where should I enable Norton Toolbar and IPS?

The Norton version that I have is: 18.6.0.29

The date of its modification is April, 29, 2011

Thank you.

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

The list of add-ons will be from Firefox.  You can check the tutorial at this link which shows how to enable the Norton Toolbar and Symantec IPS in Firefox 8.

A complete uninstall of Firefox should not affect the Norton Toolbar because the Toolbar is built into your Norton product. It will be ready to integrate into Firefox once you re-install Firefox.

If you have any problems, let us know.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Thank you very much!!!

Replies are locked for this thread.