• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

installing norton 360 on a new computer

I am unable to install Norton 360 Premier v5 on a new laptop (2nd. computer). The product installed successfully on my first computer, but will not install on the second. The laptop came with a 1 month trial of McAfee, which I have removed. What should I do?

Thank you

Replies

Kudos1

Re: installing norton 360 on a new computer

Hi rob73,

Please try running the McAfee removal tool (MCPR.exe), and then try to install Norton 360 again. It's possible that there are still bits of McAfee remaining on your computer if you removed it only via the control panel.

McAfee removal tool (MCPR.exe) and instructions:

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Please tell us if this helps :-)

Kudos0

If you have already unistalled Mcafee then you can simply go to the website www.norton.com/downloads and download the norton program and get it activated with the product key.

You can also go to www.nortonaccount.com and sign in with the email address and password and if you dont know what the password is then there is also an option for recovering the password.

When you get an access to norton account, you can view the download button on the left and which you can use to download and install the norton program. Also you will get the option to renew, update information, view product key, etc.

If facing any issue can reply to this post..

Sometimes when you get disappointment... it makes you stronger...!!!
Kudos0

I'm afraid not. I've done as you suggested. I get to the products  page, click download. I am taken back to the sign-in page, then immediately back to products page again

Kudos0

My last reply was to the first response. I'll try the 2nd. suggestion!

Kudos0

Still the same problem. I can get to the account page, but when I click the download button, it fails.

Kudos0

Kudos0

Hi,

Thank you for trying the step. You need to get an access to norton account by getting a new password if you don't know what the password is.

Or else you can simply go to www.norton.com/n360s_5 for Norton 360 standard and www.norton.com/n360p_5 for Norton Premier program and download the program directly.

Thanks & Regards

Kudos0

Still no success!

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Hi,

When you go to the above mentioned link you will get a security tab just below the address bar and you need to do a click on that security block and need to select download file.

You can also try the below link:

Download It Here

And if still facing any issues then let me know what excatly happens after you try going to the link.

Thank you

Kudos0

dear rob the exact same things are happining to me as well           goes to sign in screen then right back to the product page   i have followed every step the costumer surpot ppl asked      im very upset considering i just reniewd for 2+ years and was charged yet cant use my product    and norton wanted another 150 for phone help

Kudos0

Thanks 113666 and others.

Basically, I used both Mcafee and norton removal tools and started from scratch. I don't know how this worked (as I hadn't thought I'd downloaded any norton product), but it did work!

Thank you for your advice.

Kudos0

secondto zero.

I'm no expert, but it might be worthwhile trying what I did, as mentioned above. It worked for me, although I can't explain it.

Good luck

Kudos0

Just a note that SecondToZero has raised his point in another fresh thread which already has three different responses!  So I don't think anyone needs to reply further to it here.

Mike
Kudos1

rob73 wrote:

Thanks 113666 and others.

Basically, I used both Mcafee and norton removal tools and started from scratch. I don't know how this worked (as I hadn't thought I'd downloaded any norton product), but it did work!

Thank you for your advice.

It's simple, you followed the normal route for troublesome installs after having a McAfee product on your system.

You originally removed McAfee via add/remove programs (leaving McAFee fragments behind)

You then downloaded and attempted an INstall of N360 - which failed due to the fragments of McAfee

Then you removed those fragments by using the McAFee removal tool

That left the corrupt install of N 360 on your system, which you removed and cleaned up using the NRT, then you install N 360 and hopefully ran liveupdate as many times as necessary for it to respond "no more updates available" and rebooting as instructed.

I have seen this same procedure work many tmies when Comcast switched their free Security program from McAfee to Norton.

That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Kudos0

Great Work Rob..!!!

So finally the issue is sorted out for you..!!

Replies are locked for this thread.