• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

double norton icon in task bar :S

well today i just noticed a double norton icon in task bar

like next to the clock the norton icon shows up twice!

im using windows 7 64bit pro

it goes away if i restart and sometimes it doesnt show up

Replies

Kudos0

Re: double norton icon in task bar :S

well today i just noticed a double norton icon in task bar

like next to the clock the norton icon shows up twice!

im using windows 7 64bit pro

it goes away if i restart and sometimes it doesnt show up

Kudos0

it is also NIS 2012 and updated to the latest version and no i didnt screw around with any of the setting i have recently formatted my pc and it just started today

Kudos0

Hi Naidoo,

Does the additional norton icon loads right from the boot-up or does it appear in the due course of the windows session?

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

at boot up

Kudos0

Hi,

Are the two icons active and working? Meaning double clicking on it launching the NIS 2012 Main UI?

Would it be possible for you to share a snapshot of it when you see it again, that help us to analyze.

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

naidoo wrote:

it is also NIS 2012 and updated to the latest version and no i didnt screw around with any of the setting i have recently formatted my pc and it just started today

Was this a full format (wiping the hard drive[s]) and a clean install of the OS?  Or a repair installation of the OS only?

Win7 x32 SP1
Kudos0

I am having the same problem that started in the last two to three days. I can remove one of them running prefetch and cleaning out the folder items. But they return after a cold reboot.

Kudos0

Same thing is happening to me starting about Dec. 18th-20th.  On some restarts (not always) two Norton icons sit in the system tray.  If I click on both of them only one copy of Norton Internet Security will open up.  When I shut it down both icons remain. 

Kudos0

Ditto.

Mitka

Mitka - NSwBu 22.0.0.91 | WIN 8 x64 Pro | IE 11
Kudos0

I have the same issue on NIS 12, running windows 7 64

I can clear taskbar data with ccleaner and re-start explorer.exe to remove.  However, once I restart my computer it happens all over again.  Both icons function the same whether clicked or right-clicked.

Does anyone know why this happens?  Can it be resolved?

Kudos0

Just curious - this is for anyone who has the double icon:

If you click on the Show Hidden Icons arrow on the Task Bar and then select Customize, does it display two Norton Icons?   If so, perhpas you could change one of the  Bahviors to Hide Icon and Notifications.

Kudos0

It does display two norton icons under customize.  I tried to hide all notifications on one of them, but it doesn't work.

Kudos0

This '2 icon' feature happens with me too! Sometimes the second one disappears of its own accord!

GeoffYork, UK
Kudos0

Does anyone have a solution for this?  This is pretty annoying...who do I need to contact to find a fix for this?

Its obviously not just my computer, as others are reporting the same issue.

Kudos0

Bump!

GeoffYork, UK
Kudos0

Having gone a couple of weeks without this recurring, it's happened again today.

I do wish one of the techies could look into this!

GeoffYork, UK
Kudos0

Hi,

I have the same issue with win7 64bit and NIS 2012.

Does its normally run 2 process like this?

Kudos0

Hi vuquanghuy_88,

Welcome to the Norton Community.

The two processes in Task Manager are normal, one runs at system and one at user level.

This is not the reason you have two icons in your taks tray however.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32

Replies are locked for this thread.