• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Transferring my Norton Security to a new computer, my old computer crashed

My old laptop crashed and I need to transfer my subscription over to my new lap top. I had ~574 days left of protection. Please tell me how to do this.Thank you

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Transferring my Norton Security to a new computer, my old computer crashed

My old laptop crashed and I need to transfer my subscription over to my new lap top. I had ~574 days left of protection. Please tell me how to do this.Thank you

Kudos0

Re: Transferring my Norton Security to a new computer, my old computer crashed

Hi phyllis12345:

Welcome to the Norton community:

It depends on whether you purchased a 1-PC or 3-PC licence for your Norton product.

If you have a 3-PC licence, just log into your Norton account at www.mynortonaccount.com from your new computer, click the Download button next to your Norton product, and follow the instructions.  You will be activated with your current product activation key and one of your available installs will be deducted from your subscription.

If you had an older version of your Norton product on your old computer, says NIS 2011, note that this method will download the latest available 2012 version.  Post back if you want to keep an older version of your Norton product on your new laptop and need alternate installation instructions.

If you only have a 1-PC licence (or have used up all your available installs), you can contact  Symantec Customer Support  - you'll get the fastest response with the Live Chat option here  - and they will provide you with a new product activation key for your new laptop.

------------

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2 * NIS 2011 v. 18.6.0.29 * IE 9.0 * Firefox 8.0.0
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Replies are locked for this thread.