• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Ghost 15 Recovery Disk from Boot CD

Does Norton Ghost 15 allow users to create a bootable recovery Disk so they can restore there had drive from CD or DVD?  If this is not possibel with Norton 15 does Norton sell a product than can recover from CD?

Thanks,

Johnny Mac

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Ghost 15 Recovery Disk from Boot CD

Does Norton Ghost 15 allow users to create a bootable recovery Disk so they can restore there had drive from CD or DVD?  If this is not possibel with Norton 15 does Norton sell a product than can recover from CD?

Thanks,

Johnny Mac

Kudos0

New2Ghost wrote:

Thanks,

Johnny Mac

Hi,

Yes, Ghost allows you to make and we strongly recommend you make a recovery disk. I've never tried to do a recovery from a CD [too much data] or a DVD [still too much data]. I keep an external hard drive for that purpose.

I use the recovery disk to make image files of drives which I use to test 'toys' on and when I crash I can recover in a very reasonable amount of time.

Check here: 

http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/overview.aspx?ssdcat=221&lcid=1033&origin=techsup&env=prod&layout=esd&tooltype=nbrt

You will need your Ghost key to complete the activation.

Dick Win 10x64 10586 current NSBU
Kudos0

Hey Dick,

You gave the link for the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool. I don't think it will take the Ghost key. I think you meant to give the URL to the GHOST SRD. Right?

Kudos0

redk9258 wrote:

Hey Dick,

You gave the link for the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool. I don't think it will take the Ghost key. I think you meant to give the URL to the GHOST SRD. Right?

red,

my bad

Thanks for the recovery

Dick Win 10x64 10586 current NSBU

Replies are locked for this thread.